Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the complement, it certainly has a cool factor. :)

For the parts list I listed, at the time I paid roughly around $3k, including the rear diff cover. The custom axle shafts I had ordered through Branik, was roughly $1k. For the fabrication/ install of the axles and M210 by Shaffer's $2800 or so. All the parts aside from the custom axle shafts, I ordered through Steeda at the time. They had the best pricing that was available online.

So roughly $6k all in all. The upgrade may not make sense for everyone, certainly did in my situation with the busted/bent FDU mounts. For OEM width Rangers, I would assume that the OEM Bronco CVs would need to be shortened by an inch or so.

I'm not a fabricator or mechanic, but my inference from talking with Shaffer's team, mounting the M210 wasn't too big of a challenge. The biggest challenge during the process (in my opinion) was the long wait times for parts.

Hope this helps!
it helps a lot and was about the cost I expected. It’s hard because the new FDU from BroncBuster is 8k. Not sure if the full FDU is worth the extra 2 grand but it’s hard to ignore when you’re already spending that much. And the tube mount is reversible on their version. It wouldn’t be nearly as bad if we didn’t need new axles to make it work. I wonder how hard the oe bronco axles would be to modify to fit. Maybe cut off splines on the outer side. I’m just thinking out loud here.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mugatu

Mugatu

First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lariat FX4, 99 SVT Cobra, 23 Mach 1
Occupation
Consultant
Vehicle Showcase
it helps a lot and was about the cost I expected. It’s hard because the new FDU from BroncBuster is 8k. Not sure if the full FDU is worth the extra 2 grand but it’s hard to ignore when you’re already spending that much. And the tube mount is reversible on their version. It wouldn’t be nearly as bad if we didn’t need new axles to make it work. I wonder how hard the oe bronco axles would be to modify to fit. Maybe cut off splines on the outer side. I’m just thinking out loud here.
BroncBuster has some cool stuff for sure. I wish all those things were available when I was sourcing my parts. I knew they existed, but no one was selling them or knew how to get them.

I know that a bit of the splines could be cut off, perhaps a half of an inch or so. Not sure if that would be enough, though its easier to trim/cut than it is to extend. It wouldn't hurt to inquire with a fabricator if that could be done.

I wish I could've been with the fabrication team when they were fitting the parts to my truck to really see the meat and potatoes of it all.

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Screenshot 2023-10-05 183942.png

There are slip on pipes that route it over the axle to the end of the truck. That's the portion I removed.

Screenshot 2023-10-05 184233.png

This is how it looked before I got the BDS Shackles installed. Note how the piggy back reservoir blocks the intended path of the designed piping for the drivers side. We made it fit, but if you look at the tips at the end, they are at different angles.

If you're rocking the stage one (? not too familiar with their line) Eibach kit I think you should be fine. The stage 2 looks a lot like how my King Shocks are laid out.

Hope this helps!
Thanks! That helps a lot. That set up would not be legal in Va. The exhaust has to extend out from under the bed. Side or rear.

OP
OP
Mugatu

Mugatu

First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Consultant
Vehicle Showcase
Ford Performance Air/Oil Separator Kit

Picked up the Ford Performance Air/Oil Separator Kit for the intake side.
Screenshot 2023-11-25 153014.png

Install was pretty easy and straight forward. For my model year, I had a tamper resistent fitting that had to be broken (as per the instructions).

Screenshot 2023-11-25 152819.png

Though interestingly enough, the instructions don't mention what to do about a sensor that is pipped into the tubing. I'm guessing it just stays disconnected?

Screenshot 2023-11-25 152909.png

Screenshot 2023-11-25 152632.png

Final assembly:

Screenshot 2023-11-25 154202.png

Fired up the truck minus that sensor, and everything looked good. No CEL or anything out of the ordinary. This combined with the Mishimoto Catch can, it will be interesting to see how much the two of them will collect between oil changes.

Check engine light came on shortly after driving the truck. I plugged the sensor back in but left it dangling for now until I can find out from Ford Performance on a solution. Worst case scenario I'll just make my own piece from the one that I removed.

Turns out I'm an idiot. I got the wrong part for my model year. Correct one is on the way! I was off by one letter. The part I ordered (wrong one) was "M-6766-R23A" when it should've been just "M-6766-R23" .

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mugatu

Mugatu

First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Consultant
Vehicle Showcase
RTR Tech 7 18x9 0mm Offset Wheels w/ Toyo Open Country A/T III 35x12.5 Tires

Picked up some new wheels and tires for the Ranger. Finally got into a set of 35s.

Screenshot 2023-12-05 220512.png

Looks so much beefier than the 33s I had on there before. I'm glad I went with silver instead of black again. The black KMC wheels were too dark and hard to notice, at least to me.

RTR Tech 7 Wheels 18x9 0mm Offset w/ Toyo Open Country A/T III Tires in 35x12.5R18 Wheels.

bottom_ramen99

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Have you messed around anymore with the steering wheel to add the heated function? And do you happen to have the part number for the harness you had to add?

Realtruck

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Realtruck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger
RTR Tech 7 18x9 0mm Offset Wheels w/ Toyo Open Country A/T III 35x12.5 Tires

Picked up some new wheels and tires for the Ranger. Finally got into a set of 35s.

Screenshot 2023-12-05 220512.png

Looks so much beefier than the 33s I had on there before. I'm glad I went with silver instead of black again. The black KMC wheels were too dark and hard to notice, at least to me.

RTR Tech 7 Wheels 18x9 0mm Offset w/ Toyo Open Country A/T III Tires in 35x12.5R18 Wheels.
Great looking wheel and tire set up!

OP
OP
Mugatu

Mugatu

First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Consultant
Vehicle Showcase
Have you messed around anymore with the steering wheel to add the heated function? And do you happen to have the part number for the harness you had to add?
I haven't touched the system/wiring since I got it setup. There is a limitation of three wires you can add into the ring. You can add a heated steering wheel or the paddle shifters but not both. RCMustang added a heating element to his steering wheel which inspired me to do the paddle shifters.

I'm not sure how the other model years are, but for my 2019 the max I could add was 3 wires.

I don't have any part numbers for the harness unfortunately. I couldn't find the right harness to buy separately at the time but I had spare harnesses from test fitting the Explorer Steering wheels I had laying around which got me through the conversion.

Hope this helps!

OP
OP
Mugatu

Mugatu

First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Consultant
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Mugatu

Mugatu

First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Consultant
Vehicle Showcase
Great build. How has the new FDU been?
Thanks for the complement, though I hadn't done much yet aside from light offroading. I've been dealing with some health issues lately, but hope to get out there soon enough.

AndyMedic

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Paramedic
Thanks for the complement, though I hadn't done much yet aside from light offroading. I've been dealing with some health issues lately, but hope to get out there soon enough.
Sorry to hear that! Hope you do get better.

OP
OP
Mugatu

Mugatu

First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Consultant
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to hear that! Hope you do get better.
Thanks, I'm hanging in there for sure!

I just came back from a long road trip through Nevada, Utah and Arizona. Mostly road going with some light wheeling down mostly in the St. George area getting into National Parks. Nothing really noteworthy but the truck ran like a champ with a decent payload in back.

Screenshot 2024-04-19 195252.png

Last edited: