First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat 4x2 Sport
Occupation
Broadband/ Microwave Engineer
Similar to others, I found 3/4 by 14 stainless steel screws with security torx heads. Fit very tight so I opened the holes slightly with a 13/64 bit. Will likely fill the heads with epoxy or similar. Next I am working to connect the alarm sensor from the hood to also monitor the tailgate. More to come on that.

Since mine is garaged I am more concerned about quick theft when parked publicly, so may secure the tailgate from removal and deactivate the lock once alarm is connected to gate. Would prefer to have alarm surprise them than have the gate damaged.

20221204_162046.jpg

20221204_162319.jpg

20221204_161951.jpg

OP
OP
Cowboys22

Cowboys22

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Business Analyst
The estimate was >$4700 but included a $330 towing charge to take it less than 3 miles. They did not assess the body damage so still waiting for updated appraisal.

maxbottomtime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT SCAB 4x4
The estimate was >$4700 but included a $330 towing charge to take it less than 3 miles. They did not assess the body damage so still waiting for updated appraisal.
RIP your premiums.

DHMag

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Crew cab, 22 Wrangler Willys
Seems a little low for everything required, unless they're using recycled parts.

maxbottomtime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT SCAB 4x4
Seems a little low for everything required, unless they're using recycled parts.
Funniest thing, the recycled parts they are using had the harnesses still attached.

OP
OP
Cowboys22

Cowboys22

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Business Analyst
The taillight assemblies were $1083 each. The blind spot radars were 607.75 each. Set of 4 screws were $24 each. Bolts $5.50. If these are recycled parts I would hate to see non-recycled prices. ?

DHMag

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Crew cab, 22 Wrangler Willys
Also need the brackets for the modules. If they cut the harness, you'll need those also.

OP
OP
Cowboys22

Cowboys22

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Business Analyst
Also need the brackets for the modules. If they cut the harness, you'll need those also.
Brackets are listed for $84.50 each. Don’t see a line item for harness though.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
That's some crazy prices Greg and sorry this happened! Sadly this is the world we're living in now and with economy getting worse and the meth heads out there this will be happening more and more.

Someone posted this on one of our local online apps yesterday. This stellar member of the community is stealing someones catalytic converter in a parking lot right in broad daylight! :facepalm: God rest her soul if she's ever under my Ranger!

Cat Theft.jpeg

pbethel

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2016 Ford t250 Transit
Occupation
retired
That's some crazy prices Greg and sorry this happened! Sadly this is the world we're living in now and with economy getting worse and the meth heads out there this will be happening more and more.

Someone posted this on one of our local online apps yesterday. This stellar member of the community is stealing someones catalytic converter in a parking lot right in broad daylight! :facepalm: God rest her soul if she's ever under my Ranger!

Cat Theft.jpeg
Get in quick and do a twenty point turn. Sometimes hard of hearing is a blessing.

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt., Grumpy Old Senior Citizen

Cat Theft.jpeg
Keep her pinned under there and let the air out of the tires !!! :like:

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 75 crewcab F350, 65 Mustang
Occupation
Retired from Honda Racing.
I swapped the screws with Allen head bolts, then filled them with a clear glue that's damn near impossible to remove, but I still worry they will just smash them if they cant get them.

IMG_3868.JPEG

IMG_3869.JPEG
Sponsored