First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
IT
Looking though the site I see bunch of questions about tire rotation and TPMS but nothing on installing new TPMS sensors. do I just have to do the relearn procedure if Im adding 4 new TPMS sensors to get them to work correctly? or is there a different procedure for activating new ones?
Sponsored

Miles Mac

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Super Cab STX 4X4
Occupation
Aircraft Parts Mfg.
Factory TPMS just install and learn, same as rotating. I've had to initialize or "turn on" the sensors occasionally, but pretty straight forward. I have the OEM set of 4 tires and set of 5 offroad tires, and can switch between any of them w/no issues. If using aftermarket sensors, be sure and get the ready to run sensors that do not require programming to work. (FYI I'm using 4 factory and 5 aftermarket TPMS)

dapakattack

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x4
You can go to www.tpms.com and get a set. I bought the Schrader 33500 sensor when I added my spare to my rotation (bought a matching wheel and tire and had them add the sensor). System reads the wheel just fine and no programming was necessary. (I have rotated every 5k miles.....the "spare" has made a complete lap without issue).

Last edited:
OP
OP
FordRacing

FordRacing

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
IT
Factory TPMS just install and learn, same as rotating. I've had to initialize or "turn on" the sensors occasionally, but pretty straight forward. I have the OEM set of 4 tires and set of 5 offroad tires, and can switch between any of them w/no issues. If using aftermarket sensors, be sure and get the ready to run sensors that do not require programming to work. (FYI I'm using 4 factory and 5 aftermarket TPMS)
okay cool, it a factory ford sensor. Thanks!

OP
OP
FordRacing

FordRacing

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
IT
You can go to www.tpms.com and get a set. I bought the Schrader 33500 sensor when I added my spare to my rotation (bought a matching wheel and tire and had them add the sensor). System reads the wheel just fine and no programming was necessary. (I have rotated every 5k miles.....the "spare" has made a complete lap without issue).
thanks for this will use this next time for sure.
Sponsored