OEM 2019+ Ranger Tailgate Damper Part# VKB3Z-99406A10-A by DeeZee DZ43206

Gus Villalpando

First Name
Villalpando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew
by the way, I called DeeZee and they told me that it wouldn't be available until 04/15. I asked for the price and they wouldn't tell me. they did however told me it was the same item as the OEM. my price included taxes.
Sponsored

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant
Took the truck in for it's first service. Parts department had it in stock. I used my Ford points. I "paid" $45 dollars after my discount.
$45 after discount? You can order this from Varsity Ford for $40 shipped to your door. Or are you saying they took the equivalent of $45 in Ford Pass points in exchange for the damper?

Lmood

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
$45 after discount? You can order this from Varsity Ford for $40 shipped to your door. Or are you saying they took the equivalent of $45 in Ford Pass points in exchange for the damper?
I used my Ford points for this. So they took the equivalent of 45 dollars.

BeachRanger19

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab Ingot Silver
$50 at my local Ford dealership today, it's pouring rain here so I have to wait a day or two for the installation.
Just make sure you have a T50 torx bit before you start($3 at Home Depot)
Small investment to keep my wife from dropping the tailgate ?

4rd SVT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT, Ford Performance, Winter-Beaters
Yeah I called DeeZee direct too...

DeeZee indicated it will be a regular item thru their catalog & website....

Same thing, some time in April...

Scottopia

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '11 GMC Acadia, '03 HD VRod
Occupation
Grand Sovereign Monarch of Scottopia
Vehicle Showcase
It is available on DeeZee's website this morning. Shipping seems a bit steep but it is there. I sent the person I have talked to an email to see if there is a promo code we could use here.

1584702889550.png

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
The shipping cost is really steep, no need to send it that way (except to jack up the fees). I got mine through Ford Accessories for about the same total price, that is, the part cost more, but shipping less. Still, this is a great product, you just pop and drop, and the gate slowly and gently descends to fully open....

4rd SVT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I more than likely will order it thru a third-party vendor like AutoAnything or Summit... or even Amazon or eBay to get free shipping... where ever I can find it the "cheapest".

I'll post up when or where I find one after all this "drama" is contained or controlled & life returns back-to-normal.

BeachRanger19

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Installed mine today took 15 minutes. Having it now and installed is definately worth the extra $4.09 DeeZee direct would have saved.

20200320_132058.jpg

20200320_132107.jpg

Sandman Ranger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Crew Cab 4x4 Saber
Occupation
Lead Process Engineer
Installed mine today took 15 minutes. Having it now and installed is definately worth the extra $4.09 DeeZee direct would have saved.

20200320_132107.jpg
Note the cord placement on closing. Check and make sure it is to the inside of shock. Over time cable will develop a memory and go here.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Note the cord placement on closing. Check and make sure it is to the inside of shock. Over time cable will develop a memory and go here.
I used electrical tape and a velcro tie I had left over that came with my tv wall mount bracket. @TheLoneRanger posted this fix here and it works great.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
The cable on my Lariat found the correct "habit" so far as routing goes without any intervention.

That's more than can be said than its owner, who's developed many "incorrect habits" through the years....

BeachRanger19

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The cable on my Lariat found the correct "habit" so far as routing goes without any intervention.

That's more than can be said than its owner, who's developed many "incorrect habits" through the years....
Same here both left and right cables are on the inside without any modifications

4rd SVT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had a 2wd 1995 Ranger... the tailgate position was fine for me too.

But with this 4x4, this is the wife's new winter-beater & family hauler.... not for me.

They [not me] seem to struggle with the higher & wider than normal pivot point....

Also I maybe disassembling the rear bumper and breaking-out the reciprocating-saw to trim the upper half of the plastic piece.
Plus lowering the license plate about a 1/4 or 3/8 of inch [drilling/tapping new threads].

The tailgate in general is way too close to the bumper trim & license plate. IF it's caked with snow or ice, the tailgate-bottom will definitely rub- scratching the paint & causing rust to form.
No matter how many times I remind my family to wipe the snow & ice off before lowering the tailgate... I still see them lowering it without care.
Sponsored