OEM bed rails?

jcardona1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Toyota 4Runner Trail edition / '04 Nissan Frontier / '96 Toyota Land Cruiser
I was playing around on the Chevy site today configuring the Colorado ZR2. One of the accessories that really caught my eye was the OE bed rails. Really like the look and utility for tying down cargo. Any idea if this is (or will be) available as a Ford accessory? Or any aftermarket rails that look similar to this?

qwDK9SO.png

T2rYc5c.png
Sponsored

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I was playing around on the Chevy site today configuring the Colorado ZR2. One of the accessories that really caught my eye was the OE bed rails. Really like the look and utility for tying down cargo. Any idea if this is (or will be) available as a Ford accessory? Or any aftermarket rails that look similar to this?

qwDK9SO.png

T2rYc5c.png
Not OEM, but Highway Products offers something similar.

https://www.highwayproducts.com/p/truck-bed-rails/

cover.jpg

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What purpose would that serve? I don't see something like that to be of any use...you can't even hold on it.
Additional tie down points probably, you'll need to ask @jcardona1 why he needs them.

OP
OP
jcardona1

jcardona1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Toyota 4Runner Trail edition / '04 Nissan Frontier / '96 Toyota Land Cruiser
Those Highway Products bed rails are interesting. I do like the tube version better as it would be easier to use a simple lashing strap for taller loads. However the ones from Highway Products would give better tie-down points for ratchet straps. I'll have to keep an eye to see what other options there are...

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Those Highway Products bed rails are interesting. I do like the tube version better as it would be easier to use a simple lashing strap for taller loads. However the ones from Highway Products would give better tie-down points for ratchet straps. I'll have to keep an eye to see what other options there are...
Highway Products will make anything you want custom ordered. I wanted them to make a lockbox for me, but it would have been $1,200+, when you can get a Weatherguard for $900.

alex13jk

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I'm reviving this old zombie thread. I found myself also looking for something similar to that of the Colorado bed rails. Has anybody found any decent options these past 2 years? I can't find anything close online ?

350toRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
I'm reviving this old zombie thread. I found myself also looking for something similar to that of the Colorado bed rails. Has anybody found any decent options these past 2 years? I can't find anything close online ?
I had some stainless steel bed-rails on my F350 and really liked them. They were really handy for attaching straps when I filled my bed with piles of branches and I also really liked the look. When I got my Ranger last summer I looked but couldn't find anything custom made for the truck, but I took a bunch of measurements and looked for some stainless steel rails that I hoped would fit. I ordered some Westin Platinum Series Oval Bed Rails (54") - SKU 2102896743 from CARiD.com ($144) and they worked great! It was pretty simple to drill four holes for the mounting bolts and they feel very sturdy. I've attached a photo of the Ranger with the bed rails installed.
RangerWithBedRails2.jpg

Last edited:

LaBalbe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
I've got the 2020 Crew Cab, so it's the 5' bed; does anyone know if these Putco rails will fit? They seem to be for the 6' bed, but when I asked their live chat, I got a very ambiguous answer that it was a "universal fit, and anyway would be very easy to return"; thanks, but I'd rather a firm answer then have to go back-and-forth.

https://www.carid.com/putco/putco-bed-rails-1112056794.html?parentsubmodel[]=BED+LENGTH|5'+(60.0")+Bed&vehicle=164898

Also, has anyone had any problems with the rails interfering with a hard tri-fold tonneau cover? It's the stock Ford version.

Last edited:

LaBalbe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
I had some stainless steel bed-rails on my F350 and really liked them. They were really handy for attaching straps when I filled my bed with piles of branches and I also really liked the look. When I got my Ranger last summer I looked but couldn't find anything custom made for the truck, but I took a bunch of measurements and looked for some stainless steel rails that I hoped would fit. I ordered some Westin Platinum Series Oval Bed Rails (54") - SKU 2102896743 from CARiD.com ($144) and they worked great! It was pretty simple to drill four holes for the mounting bolts and they feel very sturdy. I've attached a photo of the Ranger with the bed rails installed. View attachment 68968
Are you able to attach cross rails to those? I want the flexibility of being able to add a cargo basket or bike rails, but being able to remove the cross rails when I don't need them.

350toRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Are you able to attach cross rails to those? I want the flexibility of being able to add a cargo basket or bike rails, but being able to remove the cross rails when I don't need them.
I don't know if any "cross rails" that are designed to fit onto bed-rails like this. Do have an example of the type of cross-rails are you are referring to that you could post? They are reasonably sturdy if that's what you are asking about, but I wouldn't attach a tremendous amount of weight to them.