First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat, 2.5 Leveler, MBRP 3" Exhaust
Occupation
Just another incredibly super average dude
I remote start my ‘22 Ranger Lariat with my keyfob only. The range is very good. I’m in the back of my house and the truck is in the driveway. Tap the lock followed by two quick taps on the 2x button below it. Look for a green or red light at the top of the keyfob. It only works with vehicles that have push button start.
This is a really nice feature. You'd assume that remote start and NAV would be part of the standard equipment package at the Lariat level, but they are not.
Sponsored

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
I remote start my ‘22 Ranger Lariat with my keyfob only. The range is very good. I’m in the back of my house and the truck is in the driveway. Tap the lock followed by two quick taps on the 2x button below it. Look for a green or red light at the top of the keyfob. It only works with vehicles that have push button start.
Not true! My XLT does not have push button start but I have remote start with my key fob. Also not all Lariats have remote start.

donsmith

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Television cameraman and video editor
Not true! My XLT does not have push button start but I have remote start with my key fob. Also not all Lariats have remote start.
I can’t remember where I read that only vehicles with push button start can have remote start so I can’t defend it. And, you are right that not all Lariats have remote start. It’s an option.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
I can’t remember where I read that only vehicles with push button start can have remote start so I can’t defend it. And, you are right that not all Lariats have remote start. It’s an option.
Yes it is an option on the lower trim levels as well. I love mine and use it alot this time of year.

donsmith

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Television cameraman and video editor
Yes it is an option on the lower trim levels as well. I love mine and use it alot this time of year.
Amazingly, a lot of people don’t know that the keyfob lets you know with a green or red response light whether or not the remote start was successful or not.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
My app would not start the truck from the back bedroom but works fine from the front rooms. Might be a distance issue?
I started my Ranger via the app from work one day…25 miles away. Forgot I had driven other vehicle to work until I got outside & couldn’t find my Ranger.?

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
1) Step one: Open up Ford Pass App
2) Step two: Light hair on fire.
3) Step three: Put out fire with hammer while simultaneously punching yourself in the nuts...
Well…a little drastic, but ok. :LOL:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I started my Ranger via the app from work one day…25 miles away. Forgot I had driven other vehicle to work until

I got outside & couldn’t find my Ranger.?
Can we please add these as your avatar? :facepalm::bandit::oops:?

Thick Womens Eyeglasses.jpg

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
I only use remote start in the winter and use it from the Ford Pass app and to my recollection it has worked 100% of the time for me. And I almost exclusively use it when parked at my Cabin where I have poor cell reception, so go figure. I park in a garage at home and don’t have a need to use it here.

scarchild35

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Sales Engineer
I'm glad to hear the vehicle settings fixed the issue. I was going to suggest that as well. I have the XL so the PassApp was a big feature for me and I rather enjoy it overall but I have had issues with my truck not starting remotely from time to time. When it doesn't work I've found that restarting my phone does the trick.
However, sometimes it works right away other times it takes awhile. I suppose that has to do with the state of the wireless network at any given time. I will say that I remote started last Thursday night when it was -5 in our neck of the woods and it did indeed start but it was stomach churning to hear how the extreme cold affected the starting process. I let it run for about 8 minutes, went outside and got in and it seemed ready to drive. Pretty amazing.
Love this new truck.