Remote Transmission Dip Stick Aftermarket Support?

Would you get in line to buy one?

• Total voters

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 75 crewcab F350, 65 Mustang
Occupation
Retired from Honda Racing.
I'm working on it, mostly, kind of, well, at least some.

I used to post what my projected time was, like; next week or next month I'll be past whatever the delay was, parts hold usually.

But it never fails to get delayed by some of the most unexpected things, some of them are out of my hands, like a parts delay, some are just things that happen, like my old dog up and dying, some are caused directly by me, like getting a new dog.

As a result of the last delay, the new puppy, that brought on a whole new set of delays, I had to finish the wrought iron work in the back yard to contain the pup, never a quick task.

Where I really lost time was, as a avid mountain biker, ebiker actually, 9000 watt monster of a bike, I no longer could go riding without the puppy having separation anxiety, so I came up with the brilliant idea "I'll just make a side hack bike and take the puppy with me, well, as any quick project goes, it is going slowly, there are a lot of geometry challenges.

I am squeezing in dipstick work in between, but instead of busting out sticks, building the website and finishing the updated instructions, I'm spending too much time on this:

IMG_3764.JPEG

IMG_3763.JPEG

Got all the major work done, just got to finish one side wall and do the floor, yes that is 50lbs of ballast on the side car to keep it on the ground, I'm probably going to put a 5000 watt hub motor in the side car wheel and stick the battery out there to replace the ballast.

So yeah, a 7000 watt, 120 ftlbs torque, fully suspended side hack, just for the dog :facepalm:

So, where am I going with all this.... sorry everyone, got totally sidetracked, I need to get back to task, and that's not the bike, that's dipsticks!

Freakazooid52

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 xlt
Occupation
Factory worker
That's a unique cool bike add on. You should get some good use out of that!

Ironman

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger XLT, 2017 Jeep, 1969 Plymouth R R
Occupation
Retired Ironworker
Mike, Take care of family first as I know what you went thru with the loss of a 4 legged family member as wife and I lost ours's few months back but, as you did we adopted another little one to fill the void we are left with.

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Could this be the start of something new ?????
The FitzHack !!!!!

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 75 crewcab F350, 65 Mustang
Occupation
Retired from Honda Racing.
Could this be the start of something new ?????
The FitzHack !!!!!
Ha, no,

Something like this would go the way of the Honda ATC 3 wheeler, the first person to hook a hard left and end up tires up, that would be the end of that!

Side hacks are funky to ride, I made them years ago for my kids, collect up some old bikes and weld them together, poof, your kid becomes the most popular kid on the street, until they fold under the 3rd wheel, they turn great one way, not so much the other.

Stevedbvik1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Retired
The advantage of having a low-rider (aka long-haired dachshund). Easy to transport 😁. Just have to look down as you walk so you don't step on or trip over them (yes plural - I have 3) as they run between your feet 🤪.
Don’t you mean that your feet get in their way?

9jmc9

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT
Occupation
IT
Voted YES a while back. Making it official here on the thread. Sign me up.

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Got my FitzStick today. Perfectly packaged! Including well protected instructions. You won't buy anything as well packaged as this. Wish I could install it before my trip to Ohio.
1712190936427-kp.png
1712191083340-ws.png

NeilP

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor (SOLD 12-14-2023)
Occupation
RETIRED!
Got my FitzStick today. Perfectly packaged! Including well protected instructions. You won't buy anything as well packaged as this. Wish I could install it before my trip to Ohio.
1712190936427-kp.png
1712191083340-ws.png
It will only take you 30 minutes max.

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Perhaps, but I have to have a screw removed and plugged first thing in the morning, then off to Oh.