Remote Transmission Dip Stick Aftermarket Support?

Would you get in line to buy one?

• Total voters

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 75 crewcab F350, 65 Mustang
Occupation
Retired from Honda Racing.
What's funny, I put those numbers on the bottom so they would not be obvious, they are for mfg, once I set the size on the stick to match the housing, they are both serialized. (one stick made it out with the numbers on top, oops)

In the beginning I had a 30 year old WEN engraver, super cheap, no switch, really rough engraving and a old stiff cord, it was like plugging in a jackhammer, I got a much nicer one now, so if somebody does look at the numbers, they are readable.

Yeah, that does look like a #74, but I think at #32 is when I got the new engraver, so everything from there on should be a better looking number.
Sponsored

Blue Streak

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX FX 2021 Honda CR V
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
What's funny, I put those numbers on the bottom so they would not be obvious, they are for mfg, once I set the size on the stick to match the housing, they are both serialized. (one stick made it out with the numbers on top, oops)

In the beginning I had a 30 year old WEN engraver, super cheap, no switch, really rough engraving and a old stiff cord, it was like plugging in a jackhammer, I got a much nicer one now, so if somebody does look at the numbers, they are readable.

Yeah, that does look like a #74, but I think at #32 is when I got the new engraver, so everything from there on should be a better looking number.
I'm sticking (pun intended) with 14.:like:

TJC

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Miata, 05 Ranger 4x4, 20 Ranger 4x4, 23 CX-5

I simply consider the number the Artisan's signature! :like:

Sojourner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Retired Army / Disabled Vet
I'm on the road, due home in less than a week, then it's straight to work on selling dipsticksđź‘Ť
I would like to be added to the list.

I have the Alpha III Concepts kit installed and while I like it (the mounting bracket in the engine bay works really nicely) I'm not sure they got the dipstick length correct (mid-stick on the Ford OEM stick (35) is at the low end (25) on the A3C stick so not sure I can get a correct reading). And they don't appear to offer any post-purchase support....

So if the price works, given the reviews, I'm leaning strongly to switching it out for a FitzStick.

When you have a minute to spare, please let me know if I need to do anything else to get a spot on the list.

Cheers!

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Hi everyone, I finally have the website up.... BUT, it's password protected, I am messaging everyone one on my list with the password before I open it up to the general public.

I know, I have been saying "soon" for way too long, I finally got it all together, a small chunk of inventory and a website up, I apologize to those who wanted one sooner.

The password was the only way I could somewhat control how fast they go and to whom, I'm sure it will leak out and a bunch of Facebook people will clean out my stock.

I put up 90 on the site, I am going from where I left off at page 138 on this topic, if you have posted interest in one, I will catch up to you.

If you have and it was before page 138, check your old messages, I found that some people don't sign in every time they visit here, so they miss any messages.

This is also where I say "if you voted and are still interested, please put a post here as well"

The first group message of 25 people went out yesterday at 4:00ish, half are already gone this morning, depending on how fast this goes I will send out another group message pretty quick.

I really want to thank everyone for all the support and interest, if has fueled me along the way to get to this point.

What started from me reading this topic, to starting a business based upon it, whew what an experience, my wife says it's made me grumpy :LOL:

thank you very much from:

mikesbuildshop.com

Last edited:

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I am interested.Thanx

Hey, I knew pismo1 sounded familiar, you were in the 11-29-23 private message group!

I still have you on one of my old lists, way back on page 71 you posted about wanting one!

I'll move you to the current list.

This is why I stated, if you still have interest in one, and it seems like I missed you, let me know!

There have been others who posted wanting one, that never responded in the group messages, had some ask for a PayPal payment request and never respond to it.

It's how it goes, I figure they could have had something happen in their life that changed their priorities.

It's part of doing business. It's taken me so long get these out, I'm sure some bought something else, including a new vehicle.

This is either a case of missing the "Dipsticks available" private group message, or maybe wanting to wait, or there is the possibility I could have missed a return response, ah to be human :LOL:

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
Hi everyone, I finally have the website up.... BUT, it's password protected, I am messaging everyone one on my list with the password before I open it up to the general public.

I know, I have been saying "soon" for way too long, I finally got it all together, a small chunk of inventory and a website up, I apologize to those who wanted one sooner.

The password was the only way I could somewhat control how fast they go and to whom, I'm sure it will leak out and a bunch of Facebook people will clean out my stock.

I put up 90 on the site, I am going from where I left off at page 138 on this topic, if you have posted interest in one, I will catch up to you.

If you have and it was before page 138, check your old messages, I found that some people don't sign in every time they visit here, so they miss any messages.

This is also where I say "if you voted and are still interested, please put a post here as well"

The first group message of 25 people went out yesterday at 4:00ish, half are already gone this morning, depending on how fast this goes I will send out another group message pretty quick.

I really want to thank everyone for all the support and interest, if has fueled me along the way to get to this point.

What started from me reading this topic, to starting a business based upon it, whew what an experience, my wife says it's made me grumpy :LOL:

thank you very much from:

mikesbuildshop.com
Could always do it so they need an account to buy, and at present don't have a website create account option enabled (add that once the interest backlog has been processed), just ask them in for their email and you create the account for them, and do admin account password reset so they get a new password to log in with. Then if you have one account that is getting multiple orders to different addresses you know where the leak was and which account to disable. Or to prevent that even, could have a limit of 1 stick per account, unless you manually process the additional ones for the few people that would need more than one. I know it's a little more work on the site, but would not be impossible and having accounts on the site could also make "Recall" update processing a little easier.

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Not sure I want to try to control it that much, once I catch up with everyone here who was interested, then it's open to everyone.

I think I'm less than 50 people away from being caught up with the topic list, then I will mass message the voting list (which is almost the same) at that point, I will see what the demand still is for the Ranger dipstick, either finish up the last of the Ranger batch, or order another batch of parts for 300 more.

I want to move onto the Bronco, maybe F150. I'm hoping for an easier application, the Ranger ones are a lot of work, they are difficult to make, I can almost assuredly say without even looking, the next model can't be more difficult than the Ranger.

NeilP

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor (SOLD 12-14-2023)
Occupation
RETIRED!
Just curious......what's the total of units manufactured to date?

It is amazing how popular some of the aftermarket items that are produced by an individual or small business have become, as well as the amount of time & engineering that goes into producing those parts.

vaoverlandranger

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Supercrew XLT shadow black
I am still interested, just wanted to make sure I’m on the list. Hadn’t received any messages regarding it but completely understand the backlog!

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I have made 220 of them, #123-133 should be going out the door today, I have enough parts to make about 100 more.

Just curious......what's the total of units manufactured to date?

It is amazing how popular some of the aftermarket items that are produced by an individual or small business have become, as well as the amount of time & engineering that goes into producing those parts.
I hope so, thanks!!