Remote Transmission Dip Stick Aftermarket Support?

Would you get in line to buy one?

• Total voters

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 75 crewcab F350, 65 Mustang
Occupation
Retired from Honda Racing.
It's a basic website, it only has one product, so it's kinda boring.

I do plan on putting up more content and hopefully products.
Sponsored

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Well, actually you are 2nd up in the next batch, expect a message tomorrow or Wednesday!

Thank you very much for your interest!

I’m still interested but alas I’m on 154

Ironman

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger XLT, 2017 Jeep, 1969 Plymouth R R
Occupation
Retired Ironworker
Hi Mike, I'm on the list about page 153 and I'm not only interested in the stick but, just waiting for my number to come up.

Thanks for all your time and work....Bill

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
It's a basic website, it only has one product, so it's kinda boring.

I do plan on putting up more content and hopefully products.
I like the website, basic design yet a great start and professional overall. Yeah, just one product page, but it is full of excellent product info and pics. Hopefully there will be numerous different products. Excellent work.

9jmc9

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT
Occupation
IT
Hi Mike,
Page 155, didn't get a message but still want one when available. Thanks! John

Beez

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat, DIY BOV, 2.5 Leveler, MBRP 3" Exhaust
Occupation
Just another incredibly super average dude
Hi everyone, I finally have the website up.... BUT, it's password protected, I am messaging everyone one on my list with the password before I open it up to the general public.

I know, I have been saying "soon" for way too long, I finally got it all together, a small chunk of inventory and a website up, I apologize to those who wanted one sooner.

The password was the only way I could somewhat control how fast they go and to whom, I'm sure it will leak out and a bunch of Facebook people will clean out my stock.

I put up 90 on the site, I am going from where I left off at page 138 on this topic, if you have posted interest in one, I will catch up to you.

If you have and it was before page 138, check your old messages, I found that some people don't sign in every time they visit here, so they miss any messages.

This is also where I say "if you voted and are still interested, please put a post here as well"

The first group message of 25 people went out yesterday at 4:00ish, half are already gone this morning, depending on how fast this goes I will send out another group message pretty quick.

I really want to thank everyone for all the support and interest, if has fueled me along the way to get to this point.

What started from me reading this topic, to starting a business based upon it, whew what an experience, my wife says it's made me grumpy :LOL:

thank you very much from:

mikesbuildshop.com
Hey Mike, Still interested in a Fitzstick, Please shoot me an email at your earliest opportunity. (^_^)

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Hi Mike,
Page 155, didn't get a message but still want one when available. Thanks! John

You are next, you are 8th in the next batch, so, soon.

It would have been last night that I sent the message out, but the Shopify program is not functioning like I thought, I clicked the box 'collect taxes' oh no, it's not that easy.

The 2018 ruling about collecting taxes in all the states you sell in is a nightmare, it looks like it's going to be over 400$ a month for a service that does that, or I have to see if I have a nexus in that state and register with each state I sell in, with a zero to 45$ yearly fee, even if I only sell one in that state.
I talked to the Avalara rep yesterday, she said that ruling put them in business basically, I know I cant afford the service when you have to have a zoom meeting with a rep to discuss what my business needs are, she wouldn't even give me a ballpark price 😳

Anybody here have a home business? how do you deal with it? just ignore it, will they audit me if I sell a dipstick in Florida or wherever without giving them the few bucks tax? Now I know why ebay is so popular, they handle all of that tax BS, maybe it's starting to look better, by the time I add up the Shopify fees and however I handle this tax thing, ebay is a deal at the 9% or whatever the current fees are.

So, to un-hijack this, I have a 9:00 meeting, after that I hope to send out the next group message.

Sojourner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Retired Army / Disabled Vet
I just read the Avalara article on state sales tax collection. What an absolute mess. This issue would cause me to rethink even going into business, so mad props to you Mike for pushing on. I can see why Avalara might charge a substantial fee.

And with the $600 threshold for PayPal (etc.) reporting (gotta get those billionaires, right?). Almost makes one think the Feds and states don't want people to open a business. So, once again, mad props. And one can only get away with PayPal "Friends and Family" for so long. So maybe look into what payment services (like Zelle, Venmo, etc.) don't report and go strictly cash sales prefaced by disclaimer "sold as is," "no returns," etc.? So more a word-of-mouth, boutique approach?

I have little experience shopping with Shopify. I find Shop.com to be pretty cool.

Sorry I can't offer any substantive advice/help on the state sales tax mess. But I can and do offer you moral support!

Charge on! (Pun intended.)

👍 🤜🤛

OP
OP
Msfitoy

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I'm curious to check out the new site...how can we early adopters get access?