OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
Funny story…

I was getting out of the back seat of an older sedan and grabbed the outside of the B pillar just as my “friend“ was slamming the front door shut and had just let go of it - too late to stop it and the door closed on my hand - and it was locked - everyone was freaking out - our dates were screaming - my friend was cringing and fumbling with the keys - they were yelling at him to hurry up!!!

Oddly, it had such a huge rubber seal and flimsy window frame that the frame flexed on my fingers but let the door latch catch. I wasn’t injured but it was definitely a scary moment at first! ?
:whew: :handsinair:
Sponsored

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
I just had this convo with the spouse yesterday, took her to the store and was staying in the truck, windows up and she slams the damn door so hard almost made my ears bleed!

Last edited:

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I just has the convo with the spouse yesterday, took her to the store and was staying in the truck, windows up and she slams the damn door so hard almost made my ears bleed!
Hi Jesse,

Yep...my handicapped adult daughter has no fine motor skills. What suffers most...the kitchen faucet. It is slammed wide open an slammed shut. I have a lifetime Delta and they are getting tired of supplying me replacements.... That is why we do a 3 year lease on her Ford Escape...poor car takes a beating too.

best,
Phil

Craig

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
This drives my nuts, my wife and my kid feel it’s necessary to test the structural integrity of the door on our 21 Ranger. I swear it’s the thin body panels.
Put their finger in there and I bet they will listen to you

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
No problem yet with slamming doors, but every time my wife has been in the truck she lets the seat belt go and it SLAMS against the pillar. The first time I let it go. The second time I said, please don't do that. The third time I SCREAMED Please stop doing that! She said, well, it's never done that before! I said, yes, it's happened EVERY TIME! STOP!

We'll see if it takes this time.

Craig

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
No problem yet with slamming doors, but every time my wife has been in the truck she lets the seat belt go and it SLAMS against the pillar. The first time I let it go. The second time I said, please don't do that. The third time I SCREAMED Please stop doing that! She said, well, it's never done that before! I said, yes, it's happened EVERY TIME! STOP!

We'll see if it takes this time.
short term memory for what she did, long term memory for what you've done
Sponsored