First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I got the ladder rack system installed. Room for two ladders and the conduit. Install was easy, just assemble, measure drill the fiberglass cap, and bolt it on. Everything is aluminum and very lightweight. I wish I could have used gray pipe but electrical conduit all has a bell end so the end cap wouldn’t fit or if cut off then it wouldn’t hold 10’ sticks. The bed slide is going to be a while. I will probably start driving it for work some days now. I’m very impressed with the power. Also mileage towing my enclosed trailer wasn’t as bad as I expected. It’s a 6x10 with 6’ inside height. I averaged 14 mpg. I did notice that if I dropped it down to 8th gear the mileage improved, that was driving at 65 mph. Otherwise it seems to be about 21 mpg
8B7D5EA6-8BEC-4EB2-AD63-FBB50FDBBFF3.jpeg
66F3C9C8-C41D-46AD-BCE1-0E76CC6EFCAD.jpeg
790F19C5-B4CF-4DCB-A670-E0953B52F7F0.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP

SparkyRanger

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Sorry I’m a slacker. Here’s a one year update. I put on about 28k miles in the last year. No issues with anything.
After using it for a while with the bed slide, tools, and materials the height was nice and level which I thought looked good. However the ride was poor because it was only about 1/2” from contacting the bump stops. I added Eibach rear shocks and OME 2.2” rear leaf springs. That got me back to about stock height and it’s been that way for most of the last year.
IMG_1465.jpeg

I removed the rear seat cushions on the left and added some plywood to mount a packout wall plate with battery racks and a few other things that are better kept inside and dry. My tool bag sits on the flat board.
IMG_1466.jpeg

I’m currently at 34k miles so I changed the front and rear differential fluid with Redline 75w90, the transfer case with Redline D6, and the transmission with Valvoline ULV. Also added an ARB rear differential cover for fun, a PPE deep transmission pan, and a Fitz dipstick for the transmission.
IMG_1685.jpeg
IMG_1687.jpeg
IMG_1686.jpeg
IMG_1688.jpeg

I would still prefer to have the back a little lower so when it gets a little warmer I think I’ll remove a leaf from the rear springs. The lighter OME kit has three leafs plus the second stage. And this one has four. I am hopeful that will drop it about an inch.

I did also install a UPR dual port catch can which collects a lot of nasty stuff. And a Redarc trailer brake controller.
No complaints so far. I probably average about 18 mpg which I’m happy with, I’m almost always near gvwr and always have ladders on top so that doesn’t seem unreasonable.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase