First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
LevittownFordParts.com
Vehicle(s)
All Ford's
I just had a brand new transmission installed in my 2022 with 17800 miles on it this week. I was told it was new and questioned it and was reassured it wasn’t a reman. If it was a reman you would think it would be tagged as so. Others on here have purchased the new transmission out of warranty with the same part number. Maybe @LevittownFordParts.com can confirm for us?

IMG_0952.jpeg

IMG_9686.jpeg
Hi Steve,

I'm not saying its reman but based on the part # off the Repair Order its a warranty spec unit, See below

1719691286536-sf.png

Ford is odd in that many parts have a warranty spec version, Even brake parts (rotors, calipers).

If a customer asks me for a part we always provide them with the retail spec version. Internally I honestly do not know what the differences may be.

- Benny
Sponsored

Stevedbvik1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Retired
Hi Steve,

I'm not saying its reman but based on the part # off the Repair Order its a warranty spec unit, See below

1719691286536-sf.png

Ford is odd in that many parts have a warranty spec version, Even brake parts (rotors, calipers).

If a customer asks me for a part we always provide them with the retail spec version. Internally I honestly do not know what the differences may be.

- Benny
Thank you

SFB

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Crew XLT Sport Black on Black with Magnetic trim, package 302A
Vehicle Showcase
I just had a brand new transmission installed in my 2022 with 17800 miles on it this week. I was told it was new and questioned it and was reassured it wasn’t a reman. If it was a reman you would think it would be tagged as so. Others on here have purchased the new transmission out of warranty with the same part number. Maybe @LevittownFordParts.com can confirm for us?

IMG_0952.jpeg

IMG_9686.jpeg
I would rather think we are getting new units. My 19 Ranger is still on original @ 65K. I have extended warranty to 125K. and don't plan on keeping it beyond that. Ford would have to plan ahead though and have X number of new units waiting for failures. When I use to work we only built to order, never had new lying around, as the year carries over you pay taxes on inventory that carries over, In aerospace manufacturing that is.

Stevedbvik1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Retired
I would rather think we are getting new units. My 19 Ranger is still on original @ 65K. I have extended warranty to 125K. and don't plan on keeping it beyond that. Ford would have to plan ahead though and have X number of new units waiting for failures. When I use to work we only built to order, never had new lying around, as the year carries over you pay taxes on inventory that carries over, In aerospace manufacturing that is.
My gut is that it’s new. Looks new and not reman. I’ve also been around the diesel heavy equipment industry for decades. Some manufacturers are really good at presenting a quality looking reman unit. But this looks new in every aspect. I’m guessing it’s cheaper for Ford to build a batch of new units than to have units remanufactured. Long term these cores may end up moving into a warranty replacement unit if the trend continues.
In the diesel engine and component industry cores piled up and you would rebuild units as the demand required.
As an example my last employer before retiring had multiple locations. Between all the locations I would say that they had multiple semi trailers full of just turbocharger cores. And those were ones that had current or potential future demand.

SFB

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Crew XLT Sport Black on Black with Magnetic trim, package 302A
Vehicle Showcase
My gut is that it’s new. Looks new and not reman. I’ve also been around the diesel heavy equipment industry for decades. Some manufacturers are really good at presenting a quality looking reman unit. But this looks new in every aspect. I’m guessing it’s cheaper for Ford to build a batch of new units than to have units remanufactured. Long term these cores may end up moving into a warranty replacement unit if the trend continues.
In the diesel engine and component industry cores piled up and you would rebuild units as the demand required.
As an example my last employer before retiring had multiple locations. Between all the locations I would say that they had multiple semi trailers full of just turbocharger cores. And those were ones that had current or potential future demand.
Hello
Being in manufacturing for 40 years my take is remanufactured, really is cheaper that way, doesn’t mean this is what’s taking place only what I have seen. I have searched with multiple different search string and I cannot find an answer either way! Only thing that keeps coming up is the tranny’s troubles.
We’ll see eventually, nice to run it back and forth with you. I like the input
Sponsored