First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
Trip to the stealership for 30k service. Left $300 lighter not sure how. Saw a new Ranger up close which softened my opinion a little it was pretty nice plus a couple of Broncos priced at 70 and 90k 😟

IMG_9490.jpeg

IMG_9489.jpeg

IMG_9488.jpeg
Phil, What kind of a price on the Ranger? What model was it also?
Thanks,

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
37k I think which I remember thinking was decent. It's a "sport" but didn't see "4x4" decals so it might have been 2WD hence the price.
Got the stealer ships name available? We can snoop the website....

Northwet Neil

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX
Occupation
Retired, Home chores when not goofing off
Delayed follow up on the Boost upgrade and moving. Been so busy unpacking and fixing up some issues in a 1968 home. Good bones though. Real lumber in the Aberdeen area those days.

Anyway the Ranger was an excellent work horse. One of the cargo trailer trips was with the tool boxes and other garage gear and was tangibly heavy. The hitch pins are not as snug on that receiver adjustable height hitch so occasional thumping from fast braking was annoying, but got here safely. The move of the camper trailer was a delight with the WD hitch after that. Sold the cargo trailer immediately so it only cost me Licensing ($600) to have full access for 2 months. compared to renting.

Like many have said the extra power is nice but the better shifting is very noticeable, up and down hills, so I will be happy and just accept the premium gas costs for the compromise. Looking forward to our first long trip with the camper in a few weeks.

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
Delayed follow up on the Boost upgrade and moving. Been so busy unpacking and fixing up some issues in a 1968 home. Good bones though. Real lumber in the Aberdeen area those days.

Anyway the Ranger was an excellent work horse. One of the cargo trailer trips was with the tool boxes and other garage gear and was tangibly heavy. The hitch pins are not as snug on that receiver adjustable height hitch so occasional thumping from fast braking was annoying, but got here safely. The move of the camper trailer was a delight with the WD hitch after that. Sold the cargo trailer immediately so it only cost me Licensing ($600) to have full access for 2 months. compared to renting.

Like many have said the extra power is nice but the better shifting is very noticeable, up and down hills, so I will be happy and just accept the premium gas costs for the compromise. Looking forward to our first long trip with the camper in a few weeks.
moving is the best worst thing ever. lol

I don't know why I never thought of this before - I use the Kuat hitch bike rack and am annoyed by not being able to open the tailgate when it is on, so I got a fancy thing from kuat that extends the rack out. But I could just use the drop hitch to lower the rack a smidge so I can open the tailgate.

I have no idea why reading your post triggered that in my brain, but it did. Thank you for that.

LOL

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
Yesterday, I swapped out the Auxbeam light bar mounted on the bumper for the LASFit light bar. They are both 22'' but their depth is significantly different. The Auxbeam was cool, but it was close enough to the front of the hood that, if the truck wasn't 100% level, the hood would make contact during opening. The new LASFit has tons of clearance.

IMG_0080.jpeg
IMG_0427.jpeg
Wow !

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Don’t encourage/enable him! @Colo_Ranger will buy more lights and upgrades if we do. He needs a FDU instead.
I do need a FDU. To fund it, I’m going to start a reverse onlyfans. You have to pay me not to send you nudes. I think I can have the FDU paid for in a week.

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
I do need a FDU. To fund it, I’m going to start a reverse onlyfans. You have to pay me not to send you nudes. I think I can have the FDU paid for in a week.
Everyone is someone's type...

And chances are, you're more than just your wife's type...

IJS...
Sponsored