First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab XLT; 1969 Mercury Cougar convertible; Honda 500XL
Occupation
Bethlehem Steel/Self-Employed Metallurgist
Pepper's ? fine, but I'm tired (bc I'm retired). Volunteer day at the museum, she was loaded to the gills with boxes of books being relocated, including front and back seats! Then brought my cement mixer home, we were done mixing refractory there. Problem was I removed my crate from the bed to make room, and it had my tiedowns. So had to drive home, 25 miles, slowly! It was pretty stable back there. Phew!

20230307_151000.jpg
Sponsored

Synfulz

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Diesel :)
Occupation
Retired Powerplant Operator
Vehicle Showcase
I did it. Officially took the mall crawler off road to drive out to this lighthouse on a point. Mild but still off road. Cape Santiago in Batangas.

20230309_120925.jpg

20230309_120409.jpg

20230309_120356.jpg
All cleaned up back in the paddock.

20230310_144653.jpg

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.

NTXTremor

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
IT
Drove about 5.5 hours in the dark last night on small two-lane state highways, and I’m happy to report that I still love my Ranger. The new bug deflector seems to have helped, too, although bugs aren’t a huge problem this time of the year.

The auto brights feature worked flawlessly, but something curious happened. I had three different drivers flash their brights at me despite the fact that my brights were off. I took more than a little pleasure flashing my brights at them to prove that I was using my low beams. One particular a$$hole flashed his twice, so either his second flash was an acknowledgment of the fact I was not using my brights or he was just a glutton for punishment and needed more of my brights burning into his retinas.

Now, three a-holes out of probably 500 cars I passed is not much, but here’s the curious part. I saw an oncoming vehicle that appeared to have his brights on. I did not flash mine at the driver since I try to be a tolerant individual, but as he passed, I was shocked to see that it was a Ford F*cking Ranger!!!

That got me to wondering if my low beams really were irritating to other drivers, and maybe those three drivers weren’t a-holes after all.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
I got her STUCK in the snow today! I was up in Northern MI looking at potential hunting properties. I checked the drive before turning off, walked around a bit, thought I found hard ground, stuck ‘er in 4H and gave it a go, only to sink up to the frame and diffs all around. As most of you know, the stock Hankooks aren’t what you’d call great but, honestly, this was operator error plain and simple. Four low, traction boards, pushing, no luck. A neighbor wound up pulling me out with his tractor so I’m glad I had the shackle and tow strap handy. In any case, it’s got me looking at a lift and bigger tries but also humbled about making damn sure I know how deep the snow is. ??
Need them tire chains! (not sure they'd help and probably another item I'll never use on mine, but I have them, just because I'm not a fully mature man!). =D

TXRangerTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Drove about 5.5 hours in the dark last night on small two-lane state highways, and I’m happy to report that I still love my Ranger. The new bug deflector seems to have helped, too, although bugs aren’t a huge problem this time of the year.

The auto brights feature worked flawlessly, but something curious happened. I had three different drivers flash their brights at me despite the fact that my brights were off. I took more than a little pleasure flashing my brights at them to prove that I was using my low beams. One particular a$$hole flashed his twice, so either his second flash was an acknowledgment of the fact I was not using my brights or he was just a glutton for punishment and needed more of my brights burning into his retinas.

Now, three a-holes out of probably 500 cars I passed is not much, but here’s the curious part. I saw an oncoming vehicle that appeared to have his brights on. I did not flash mine at the driver since I try to be a tolerant individual, but as he passed, I was shocked to see that it was a Ford F*cking Ranger!!!

That got me to wondering if my low beams really were irritating to other drivers, and maybe those three drivers weren’t a-holes after all.
I'm not a fan of the auto brights dimming feature. Every sign or anything else reflective and they dim and then bright again. Almost like a strobe effect when signs are far enough for lights to reset. Also a good way to draw law enforcement attention in area of road known for elicit activities, not saying you are.

Do you have the factory headlights, halogen or LED, or did you upgrade?

Last edited:

NTXTremor

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
IT
I'm not a fan of the auto brights dimming feature. Every sign or anything else reflective and they dim and then bright again. Almost like a strobe effect when signs are far enough for lights to reset. Also a good way to draw law enforcement attention in area of road known for elicit activities, not saying you are.

Do you have the factory headlights, halogen or LED, or did you upgrade?
Factory headlights. Mine is a 2021 Lariat, so I’m pretty sure they’re LED.