First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer / IT Admin
I hadn't even thought about that...just assumed if the carplay module fits then this one should too. I'm betting @DirkM would be so kind as to revise the design for AAWireless folks if necessary (which hopefully won't be needed).
I haven't measured but AA Wireless should fit under Dirk's tray no problem. Eyeballing it from this photo of mine I took a while ago, I think AA Wireless would only be about as high as the half way point of the built-in USB ports.

1619720194931.png
Sponsored

Last edited:

Kaladin

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Sport 4x4 SuperCab
Thanks Dirk, got mine on monday and got it all painted up. However, I cant get the charging pad to work with the front USB ports. The indicator light flashes purple and it does not charge. It works fine from using the rear USB ports. Any ideas?

Charging pad was purchased separately from amazon.

Last edited:

DirkM

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 2021 Audi Q5 PHEV
Thanks Dirk, got mine on monday and got it all painted up. However, I cant get the charging pad to work with the front USB ports. The indicator light flashes purple and it does not charge. It works fine from using the rear USB ports. Any ideas?
Sorry to hear that. I test all pads before I put them in the bracket and ship them. Is there anything else plugged in to the Sync 3 USB ports?

Kaladin

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Sport 4x4 SuperCab
No, nothing else plugged in. I tried my other charging pad and worked fine in that port.

I will return the pad to amazon where I purchase it and try a new one. Hopefully that will clear up my issue.

Again the tray is excellent, thanks again Dirk.

Last edited:

TechnicallyReal

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer / IT Admin
I had the trim apart in my truck yesterday while I was doing something else, and I decided to take a photo of AA Wireless sitting near the USB ports, so that anyone could get a better idea about its size and whether or not it'll fit under Dirk's 3D printer part. It's small:

1619972170208.png

Dave1899

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercrew Lariat 2WD
Occupation
Retired Living the Life
I had the trim apart in my truck yesterday while I was doing something else, and I decided to take a photo of AA Wireless sitting near the USB ports, so that anyone could get a better idea about its size and whether or not it'll fit under Dirk's 3D printer part. It's small:

1619972170208.png
It should fit without any problem.

DirkM

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's good picture too (of the right 12V power socket plug) for those who want to hardwire a 12V to USB-A adapter for the wireless charging pad. Not sure if there is a difference between left and right but I hardwired mine into the left 12V socket and it turns on when the car is unlocked and off about 20 minutes or so after locking the car.

ROBERTECOX

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger lariat 2wd sport pkg
Occupation
US ARMY (RETIRED)
Got my rack and charger in today from @DirkM. Less than5 min install. Perfection!!!
IMG_1098.jpeg

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger fx2 and a 2019 Subaru Outback
Occupation
medical
sorry, just saw this and want one...... OP, are you making and selling these? that would be great to have ..... if so how much complete - with the charging pad if thats an option. going to look at wireless CP thing as well would be a lot better than having to plug stuff in.

Marc S

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Similarly as Andrew, I’d also be interested in purchasing one as well (with or without the pad if you still have any extras) if you are still accepting orders.

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger fx2 and a 2019 Subaru Outback
Occupation
medical
I did get messaged back by dirk (hope I got the name right the OP) and --the price is very reasonable. I wish ford had given us more interior storage cubbies this thing is just awesome looking looks like it belongs in the truck and seems perfect but it blocks the only storage cubby we have in the truck. I generally put my phone on the left most side upside down so I can still use the rest of the cubbie on the right. I started to move stuff out of it to see what it would be like and there's no where to put anything for quick access in this truck ---- I love my ranger but ford could've done a better job with the interior part. I haven't decided which way Im going for the phone

DirkM

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Another option to put your stuff somewhere would be tray below the center console, something like this, or maybe one that only covers half of it.
IMG_2636.jpeg

SVTPaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2004 SVT Cobra, 2008 Subaru STi
Occupation
Engineer

renewedcaper

First Name