First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I could see that coming in handy sighting in the rifle. Not a bad price either.:thumbsup:

It's great for that and long distance shooting. The place we shoot at is an old air strip out in the middle of the desert so you can easily shoot out 400+ yards. The rest keeps you nice and stable and you can make your height adjustments with just a turn of the wheel. It has some weight to it so it's very stable on the bench and doesn't move around at all.

DocE3Gun

First Name
Dillen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Fx4
Occupation
self employed
If you want an upgraded sling for carrying a carbine, check out the Armageddon Gear carbine sling. I’ve been abusing one and it’s my new favorite.

I’ll use a VTac sling for longer barreled and heavier rifles.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
I don't own many firearms, but what I do own is generally NFA. Quality vs quantity I guess. lol

My primary pistol (before sending to CGW to get milled for LDPP); Jericho 941 full size all steel using 19+1 CZ SP-01 upgraded mags

bQXY6jd.jpg

My primary go-to rifle; 18" Mark 12 Mod 0 SPR clone(ish). Waiting on a good deal for better optic like NightForce or similar. Currently shoots half MOA to MOA with 77gr match ammo. I have an AAC 556SD QD can that should be out of jail by December for it.

109483060-10222059364009710-4998934126104388291-o.jpg

My secondary PCC; 5.1" Scorpion Micro-K SBR setup w/Gemtech MK9K can. Could not find a more recent photo, but it has a Meprolight M21 optic on it now.

DSC05127.jpg

Few other items

CZ-P09 w/AAC Evo-9;

DSCF7530.jpg

300 BO SBR:

DSCF7671.jpg

T Bone

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Southern Adirondack Mountains of upstate NY
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger xlt
Occupation
Retired!!!!
just an FYI, the parts in the New york state SAFE act that banned all of new york from buying ammo online was changed, they just didnt publisize it. You CAN buy ammo online as long as you dont live in new york city (read that as in cesspool), but not many vendors will ship to NY still, I have managed to acquire a few (hehe) rounds for my 22lr....still looking for a vendor that will ship 22lr cci velocitor rounds to NY.........that particular ammo is hard to find. Thanks everyone for all the help.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Good luck on ammo. When I saw the news on COVID rapidly being peddled up in March, I knew exactly what was going to happen. Writing on the wall as they say. With an election for president mixed in, I knew instantly where this was going.

Bought about 10,000 22LR rounds (mostly for my daughter's firearms), 4,000 223/556, about 4,000 9mm. I wasn't hurting for ammo so much as I knew the market was going to be tanked for at minimum a year. I also bought about ten AR repair kits for pins/springs. Thankfully I already have plate carriers for every member of my family as it seems even that market is getting bombarded. I'm good on mags too.

At this point I can't guess as to the normalization time-frame if you were to ask me today. Out of my 223/556 and 9mm purchased, I grabbed one cheap case of steel for each of those for around $180 I think? Those are selling for $450 now.

Jgarrett

First Name
jimbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
FBI
It's great for that and long distance shooting. The place we shoot at is an old air strip out in the middle of the desert so you can easily shoot out 400+ yards. The rest keeps you nice and stable and you can make your height adjustments with just a turn of the wheel. It has some weight to it so it's very stable on the bench and doesn't move around at all.
That's why I wish I live in the desert...

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
That's why I wish I live in the desert...
That's a huge plus! Then you get a summer like this where this damn heat never ends and you can't even go out shooting at 5am because it's already almost 90 outside. ?

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Shoot at night with night vision :like:
It's still 100 degrees at 10pm. Trust me I wish I could get just a couple good hours to get out and shoot. I don't mind the heat much but this summer is even getting to me. ?

DocE3Gun

First Name
Dillen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Fx4
Occupation
self employed
Good luck on ammo. When I saw the news on COVID rapidly being peddled up in March, I knew exactly what was going to happen. Writing on the wall as they say. With an election for president mixed in, I knew instantly where this was going.

Bought about 10,000 22LR rounds (mostly for my daughter's firearms), 4,000 223/556, about 4,000 9mm. I wasn't hurting for ammo so much as I knew the market was going to be tanked for at minimum a year. I also bought about ten AR repair kits for pins/springs. Thankfully I already have plate carriers for every member of my family as it seems even that market is getting bombarded. I'm good on mags too.

At this point I can't guess as to the normalization time-frame if you were to ask me today. Out of my 223/556 and 9mm purchased, I grabbed one cheap case of steel for each of those for around $180 I think? Those are selling for $450 now.
Word I heard yesterday was that 2 different ammo manufacturers were $300 and $500 million backordered at this time.

Luckily I reload and have components for quite a bit in addition to all the loaded ammo.

RSR and other distributors are running well under 10% capacity because they can't get parts in fast enough.

It's going to be a rough 6+ months ahead for sure!

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Word I heard yesterday was that 2 different ammo manufacturers were $300 and $500 million backordered at this time.

Luckily I reload and have components for quite a bit in addition to all the loaded ammo.

RSR and other distributors are running well under 10% capacity because they can't get parts in fast enough.

It's going to be a rough 6+ months ahead for sure!
Even longer if by some miracle you know who gets elected! I'm stocked up for a few years anyways. lol No way I'm paying these stupid prices.

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
That's a huge plus! Then you get a summer like this where this damn heat never ends and you can't even go out shooting at 5am because it's already almost 90 outside. ?
It was 97 at 0400 this morning...

Snorebaby

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCrew, 1996 Ranger XLT Supercab, 2013 XLT F150 (Wife's), 1990 Honda Goldwing, 2015 Honda Goldwing
Vehicle Showcase
Even longer if by some miracle you know who gets elected! I'm stocked up for a few years anyways. lol No way I'm paying these stupid prices.
I agree! The LaserHit practice system has come in handy. Now I have to order the 223/5.56 laser for it and place the target at the end of the hallway.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
NVG's is still on my to-do list. Unless you want some chicom grade stuff that requires IR its a steep entry to the wallet to jump into. Generally I'm of the frame of mind on critical items; buy once, cry once.

A team wendy helm and mounts, plus some PSV-14's ain't no joke to the bank account.

I mean if I was rich I'd find a way to just buy pano's (aka "bug eyes") and call it a day. $42,000 lol

We use some cheap bino's (hand held) at work for survellience from time to time, but if we don't position just right from a distance you can see the red glow from the IR's if you are looking for them. These are like the $200 units you can buy on Amazon. haha Think they still use Gen 1 NV, maybe Gen 2. The kind that you can only see about 100 feet without IR utilization from natural light gathering.