First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
the mental health issues could never ever be related to the decline in society and what we are being fed, taught and injected full of. look who we call heros and idols now. tik tok twitter instagram and media are all 247 influence on everyone but only run by an elite few... id say more but dont wanna get political and be banned lol. besides not enough tin foil left to block out "they/ them" these days lol. for all of our social justice and progressive strides we sure look to be heading to s#$% in many ways. I remember folks having gun racks in the window of every pickup truck and no one ever thought of as a means of violence. no school shootings except for school marksmanship teams and if someone was bullied they were taught to stand up to them. oh well. gas was affordable, diesel was just a dirty bi product and a few things made here were actually worth owning. rantings of a past over generation.
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
the mental health issues could never ever be related to the decline in society and what we are being fed, taught and injected full of. look who we call heros and idols now. tik tok twitter instagram and media are all 247 influence on everyone but only run by an elite few... id say more but dont wanna get political and be banned lol. besides not enough tin foil left to block out "they/ them" these days lol. for all of our social justice and progressive strides we sure look to be heading to s#$% in many ways. I remember folks having gun racks in the window of every pickup truck and no one ever thought of as a means of violence. no school shootings except for school marksmanship teams and if someone was bullied they were taught to stand up to them. oh well. gas was affordable, diesel was just a dirty bi product and a few things made here were actually worth owning. rantings of a past over generation.
Yup our high school student parking lot was full of pickups with gun racks in the rear window and yes even a shotgun come hunting season. We never had any shootings and no one freaked out because if this either.

Sure times have changed but people are still people so what really changed? The guns are the same so it's obviously the people who have changed and I hate to say it's not for the better. Sadly it's only going to get worse as these are the ones who are reproducing with multiple kids and the apple never falls far from the tree.

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
I play games so by saying this I am being a bit of a hypocrite....

but...

The Army learned a long time ago that people were more willing to aim at a person when they practiced on a silhouette of a person vs a circle target.

So...

How much easier is it for someone to pull the trigger on a person after they have played games that has them pulling the trigger on a person and it being no big deal?

Throw in some other issues with people lacking the fear of getting punched in the face for being an asshole now that a fist fight is a criminal charge vs detention as a kid (an issue that shows up on internet forums as well.... .. ... maybe this one sometimes by some keyboard warriors)

Hell, two or three of my closest friends from when I was younger (and one as an adult) exchanged a few hits; then went on to laugh about it later.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
I play games so by saying this I am being a bit of a hypocrite....

but...

The Army learned a long time ago that people were more willing to aim at a person when they practiced on a silhouette of a person vs a circle target.

So...

How much easier is it for someone to pull the trigger on a person after they have played games that has them pulling the trigger on a person and it being no big deal?

Throw in some other issues with people lacking the fear of getting punched in the face for being an asshole now that a fist fight is a criminal charge vs detention as a kid (an issue that shows up on internet forums as well.... .. ... maybe this one sometimes by some keyboard warriors)

Hell, two or three of my closest friends from when I was younger (and one as an adult) exchanged a few hits; then went on to laugh about it later.
Ever spend time in a Pugil Stick training circle, had many a headache after a training match!

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Ever spend time in a Pugil Stick training circle, had many a headache after a training match!
Yep; a few times over my 23 years. That said; time to retire (doing that right now). So not so much anymore.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yep; a few times over my 23 years. That said; time to retire (doing that right now). So not so much anymore.
Good for you, I did 21 and out, retired from another 20 15 years ago.

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Good for you, I did 21 and out, retired from another 20 15 years ago.
Mine was a medical retirement or I might think about LEO as my next job. Damage from Iraq and being military did a number on me. I am also a large clumsy fool... so that doesn't help.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mine was a medical retirement or I might think about LEO as my next job. Damage from Iraq and being military did a number on me. I am also a large clumsy fool... so that doesn't help.
I hear you, 50% VA for a bad back from having the UH1C I was crewing in Viet-Nam take a B40 in the tail rotor. Got better for years then as I go older started keeping me awake nights. Thank you for your service.

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
I hear you, 50% VA for a bad back from having the UH1C I was crewing in Viet-Nam take a B40 in the tail rotor. Got better for years then as I go older started keeping me awake nights. Thank you for your service.
Same to you!

OP
OP
Metal Geezer

Metal Geezer

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4 Off Road
Vehicle Showcase
So I’ve been looking at Winchesters SXP Defender in 20g for the missus. She’s a bit light to be shouldering a 12g and it looks like a capable coyote killer should the need arise.
Anyone have any experience with this model?

OP
OP
Metal Geezer

Metal Geezer

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This is in my gun locker (not the actual gun tho)
It hasn't been banned yet, but similar 12 gauges that look scary got the ban.

1656271607965.png
Is that the MK12?
If so I thought it was banned as the RCMP consider it an AR15 variant?

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Yup our high school student parking lot was full of pickups with gun racks in the rear window and yes even a shotgun come hunting season. We never had any shootings and no one freaked out because if this either.

Sure times have changed but people are still people so what really changed? The guns are the same so it's obviously the people who have changed and I hate to say it's not for the better.
ALL the mass shooters have been on SSRIs or related antidepressants. Ever wonder how it's odd pills that are supposed to make you happy come with warning that they might make you kill yourself or have violent thoughts? It's because they alter behavior and lower inhibitions, so someone on them could do something they never would have otherwise. And this issue will never be addressed because the pharma industry is huge and lucrative.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ALL the mass shooters have been on SSRIs or related antidepressants.
Please post links to authoritative proof of this statement, please no social media as that is hardly a reliable source. Here is a Government study that says otherwise.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31513302/
https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/...crime/65-60d0c48d-9dab-4129-9176-47d58e4a283a
I realize there are a few sites claiming this but none did an in depth study, just anecdotal data or local papers and such and the sites themselves are suspect. I am sure some shooters were taking these drugs, but to say ALL were is a huge stretch.

OP
OP
Metal Geezer

Metal Geezer

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I had a 30/30 In the window of my Chevy truck at high school!! I was on the varsity shooting team, man oh man have things changed…. And not for the better.
Long story short……I was 14 carrying a .22 semi auto rifle from a friends house to mine. Local PD stopped, checked it was unloaded and bolt locked open, checked my hunting license, and sent me on my way.
I’d say times have changed:thumbsdown:
Sponsored