First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Program Manager
For those who are replacing the just the DPFE and still having the issue you should replace the EGR tube as well as the hoses to the DPFE. Another thing to take into consideration is that this concern might be trans related, but like I said you need a scan tool that can read the data stream and you need to know how to interpret that info otherwise its all guess work and money potentially wasted.
Would you happen to have the part number for the EGR tube? Just want to make sure I am looking at the right thing.
Sponsored

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Apologies if I missed this somewhere in the 42 pages, but has anyone else continued to have symptoms even after replacing the DPFE sensor? If so, what else did you check or end up fixing?
Mine came back after 10K miles, so maybe it's every 10K miles replacement. Plus I had added to clean the direct fuel injection.

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Do you guys know if we can just get the hoses only? I bought the sensor last month and thought it would come with the hoses but this particular part number did not.

RangerRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2014 F150 FX4
I did the DPFE sensor ... and had high hopes since the bucking and surging has become an issue in recent weeks on my truck (I have 82K miles on a 2019 FX4 Lariat ).
Replaced the DPFE and still have a bit of the issue, especially cold ... it is worst than it was months ago.

After reading this thread and considering other items here are some thoughts -

1. Should I do the actual EGR?
2. Is it time for me to get a Diag tool?
3. Maybe plugs should be done?
4. is it time to consider a fluid change?
5. anything else to consider like DIFF fluids?

or do I go to the local dealer and have them troubleshoot.

The issue is gone or hard to detect in Sport mode.

I will keep reading but since the DPFE did not do it, I was hoping to get some input from the other Ranger fans on this forum. - Thanks in advance.

MrBusses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 4dr FX4
Occupation
Ford Tech
I did the DPFE sensor ... and had high hopes since the bucking and surging has become an issue in recent weeks on my truck (I have 82K miles on a 2019 FX4 Lariat ).
Replaced the DPFE and still have a bit of the issue, especially cold ... it is worst than it was months ago.

After reading this thread and considering other items here are some thoughts -

1. Should I do the actual EGR?
2. Is it time for me to get a Diag tool?
3. Maybe plugs should be done?
4. is it time to consider a fluid change?
5. anything else to consider like DIFF fluids?

or do I go to the local dealer and have them troubleshoot.

The issue is gone or hard to detect in Sport mode.

I will keep reading but since the DPFE did not do it, I was hoping to get some input from the other Ranger fans on this forum. - Thanks in advance.

Stop throwing parts at it and let a real technician diag it. Like I said in my other posts unless you have a scan tool and know how to read it you are just guessing. You could have just a bad spark plug it could be transmission how much money do you want to spend guessing?

CORanger

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT FX4
My truck is at the dealer on Day 2 now. 2019 XLT FX4 w/82k miles. I replaced the DPFE, had all fluids replaced about 20k miles ago. Bucking, hesitating specifically between 3d and 4th gear when not at full throttle. Last visit about 4 months ago, the tech said he reprogrammed the throttle with an update. Didn't help. Today they called to tell me I need a new transmission. By the grace of God, Ford offered me an extended warranty plan last December that I decided to purchase. So, it looks like I will be out only the $500 deductible (plus the $1000 for the warranty plan). Now waiting for the warranty inspector to approve.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I've had problems with both the EGR valve and transmission...they're not related to one another...
Sponsored

Last edited: