First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
While I dislike being constantly monitored, I have seen a lot of people that don't move when the light changes. They are on their phone and otherwise ditstracted, and have no idea the light changed. Then they have to be honked at to bring them back to reality.
Ohio made using your phone a primary offense, meaning they can stop you for that alone. Before they had to have another reason too. It says in the law that you can check your phone while stopped at a red light. While it may slow us down a little it's a lot better then checking in motion.
Sponsored

OP
OP
MountainGoat

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
I have no issue with this. As a motorcyclist I fully approve.

Coming back from a trip last Thursday both lanes were stacked with vehicles and we were doing 50mph in the left lane in a 65 mph zone. After about 4 miles and 15 cars passing on the right I finally get to the car holding everything up and it was a dude in his 20's driving with his cell phone stuck up to his face. He wasn't even trying to hide it.
I am anti distracted driving too. I used to commute on a motorcycle and refuse to mess with my phone while driving.

The article is just funny to me. Not exactly Ha Ha funny. That MN residents are paying for cops to have lifted trucks so they can easier look in your laps. Add to that it is super illegal to touch your phones screen so here is a much bigger screen that mirrors your phone on the dash so you can touch that instead.

They put fucking aftermarket wheels and off road tires on them too. What happened to steel wheels? What does that have to do with "not having to crane my neck?" Are they going off roading on the weekends with them? Never mind that the truck is a rolling FLOCK camera station and if you aren't repulsed by those things I don't know what to tell you.

LawnMM

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ranger Tremor
What EVER

Waste of time and resources. Bigger fish to fry than people texting and driving.

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubi, '03 BMW Z4, '20 Mitsu OutSport
Occupation
Software Engineer
not really worried about this... they don't even pull over vehicles for speeding or expired registration here

LaBalbe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
There are parts of Europe where it's now illegal to have a phone even visible in the car; no putting it in the cup holder or dash tray. It has to be in the center console, glove compartment, a bag, pocket, etc. while you're in the car, otherwise you'll get a ticket just because the phone is visible, and therefore easily accessible and an easy distraction.

OP
OP
MountainGoat

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
There are parts of Europe where it's now illegal to have a phone even visible in the car; no putting it in the cup holder or dash tray. It has to be in the center console, glove compartment, a bag, pocket, etc. while you're in the car, otherwise you'll get a ticket just because the phone is visible, and therefore easily accessible and an easy distraction.
Precrime. Europe is just so ahead of the times huh.
Sponsored