First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 crewcab lariat fx4
Occupation
Chef
All the more reason to buy a good dash cam with front and rear cameras. No denying video proof. My Thinkware 1000 records events when parked. I got rear ended last June and after sending the insurance company my video there was no questions asked.
Sponsored

Beach

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 BMW M235, Volcon Grunt
Occupation
Financial advisor
Got hit in a parking lot by a landscaping van who took off. Police caught them (undocumented and unlicensed...) would have loved to just handle this out of insurance since it's so small but here we are.

Any guesses what this stupid thing costs to fix? Also going to ask for depreciation since this is now a recorded accident smh.

3f9debce-c0d5-4292-9ada-a2143ce74233-Damage-3.jpg
Got hit in a parking lot by a landscaping van who took off. Police caught them (undocumented and unlicensed...) would have loved to just handle this out of insurance since it's so small but here we are.

Any guesses what this stupid thing costs to fix? Also going to ask for depreciation since this is now a recorded accident smh.

3f9debce-c0d5-4292-9ada-a2143ce74233-Damage-3.jpg
Not really seeing much, the plate frame? I don’t get the ‘asking for depreciation’, I take it you’re not an accountant anyway

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Not really seeing much, the plate frame? I don’t get the ‘asking for depreciation’, I take it you’re not an accountant anyway
I’m pretty sure he’s talking about the deep gouge in the bumper, behind the plate frame. I think he also means diminished value at resale because it would show up as an “accident” on CarFax reports.

OP
OP
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger lariat
Yeah sorry I chose the wrong picture to post. Lined up just next to the nesr side of the plate it dug a half inch deep cut into the bumper.

Internal auditor career with a double major finance and accounting.

Depreciation just because the vehicle is now tagged as having been in an accident (minor of course) but that won't stop it from being worth less when I trade or sell in a few years.

OP
OP
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger lariat
All the more reason to buy a good dash cam with front and rear cameras. No denying video proof. My Thinkware 1000 records events when parked. I got rear ended last June and after sending the insurance company my video there was no questions asked.
It makes me sick to my stomach that there is a dashcam sitting in my amazon cart that i hadnt yet pulled the trigger on.

Beach

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 BMW M235, Volcon Grunt
Occupation
Financial advisor
Yeah sorry I chose the wrong picture to post. Lined up just next to the nesr side of the plate it dug a half inch deep cut into the bumper.

Depreciation just because the vehicle is now tagged as having been in an accident (minor of course) but that won't stop it from being worth less when I trade or sell in a few years.
Gotcha. True on potential value impact, but seems an easy fix so not really. Still not depreciation, that’s based on time. (CPA and tax guy, so much fun)

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase

Gotcha. True on potential value impact, but seems an easy fix so not really. Still not depreciation, that’s based on time. (CPA and tax guy, so much fun)
IMG_6374.gif

Alright, you two accountants need your own forum group. Maybe Rob can get the Admin to set it up. ;)
Sponsored