I test drove a Ranger Raptor yesterday....

OP
OP
Jackpot Tremor

Jackpot Tremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor 4x4
Occupation
Self Employed
Dang fat fingered the post reply before I could write šŸ˜…ā€¦
But yeah right now the RR current price is at the level of people who will make the purchase to make the purchase to brag about itā€¦ like how you hear about people who buy expensive gold or platinum chains with all sorts of diamonds (personally I donā€™t wear jewelry other than my wedding band so thatā€™s why I think jewelry is kinda pointless.) but we need those types to buy the vehicle go through the dealer service and warranty hoops, so the manufacturer can release the 2.0 versions (along the lines of donā€™t buy the first year ideology.) which is why the Mrs and I made the plan to wait another 16-18 months before getting one they released in October 23 or so in the us i believe (I could be wrong about that but ya.) so we figured by October 2025 that gave them plenty of time to avoid the rush, let them figure out any less than ideal quirks that need fixā€™n, and (hopefully) the price as you mentioned will stabilizeā€¦ not a perfect plan, not the best plan, and not a plan that is for everyone, however itā€™s our plan that we agreed on and both of us feel pretty good about itā€¦
Also I truly I am set on it and still trying to talk myself out of it, but only got as far as well if there arenā€™t any new ones available at the time to purchase get a used one šŸ˜…
Personally canā€™t fall into the impulse buyer category because this has been a goal I set since the Ranger came back to the states.. the tremor is the impulse buy, because my beater I bought off my cousin for basically $100 and a ride to the Chevy dealer so he could get the small suv he purchased (traverse I think)ā€¦ that got hit real bad by a guy who ran a red light.. I didnā€™t sue him.. and went to the ford store instead of the hospital šŸ˜‰.. because I was thinking dang it I need a ride to get to work tomorrowā€¦ so now I have the Ranger Tremor.. is that technically a impulse buy?

glad you're ok and the Tremor is pretty bad ass.....for now.....I'm with you.....I'll wait until the "hype" calms down.....and hopefully interest rates will drop as well.....
Sponsored

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Thatā€™s some commitment for sure. Hope it didnā€™t give you a headache šŸ˜…
Yeah, run-on sentences, improper punctuation, so hard to follow. But that's just me, I am sure the content was very informative.

OGMix376

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Ranger Tremor
Occupation
House Maintenance Technician ;)
Yeah, run-on sentences, improper punctuation, so hard to follow. But that's just me, I am sure the content was very informative.
Donā€™t drink and drive, donā€™t drink and reply šŸ˜…

OP
OP
Jackpot Tremor

Jackpot Tremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self Employed
I'm picking up my Ranger Raptor next Wednesday. Guess, mid life crisisšŸ˜ Got MSRP but about 300 in travel expense.

I'm sure you'll love it!....sucks that all the local dealer here in So CA want $10K-$15K over msrp.....

Peter949

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I'm sure you'll love it!....sucks that all the local dealer here in So CA want $10K-$15K over msrp.....
I talked Villa down to +3k on their Azure Gray RR. I still said no. So if that is in your ballpark try but yes CA sucks. I have RR on order in SD promised at MSRP if you want to take over that. Order is in but no allocation 0 down.

Walkman

First Name
Walker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT, wifeā€™s car 2017 Edge Titanium
Occupation
Retired
Same here?
See, thats what makes car buying great.
I got my 21 tremor under invoice. I was ready to walk away and just keep driving my old 2013 f150. I wasnā€™t expecting that price. I got to the dealer and it was already listed under invoice. Then I got another $500.00 off for a 1st responders discount

Itā€™s a disposable object, I will never pay over the list price for a vehicle (new).
Some people just gotta have it! So they will gladly line the dealers pockets with free money.
Somebody must have bought the $93,000 bronco raptor my local dealer had on the showroom floor finally! šŸ˜…

My 3 bedroom 2 bath house on an acre of land I bought and did some work to cost me 79,000 25 years ago. I figure itā€™s worth double that at least now.

Whatā€™s a raptor, ranger, bronco, etc worth in 25 years?
We are not taking 60s muscle cars here.
Your house is worth way more than double! Get on Zillow & type your address in!

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Your house is worth way more than double! Get on Zillow & type your address in!
Ok, you got me. Just did this. More than I thought. But it says my house is 1.5 baths. It's actually 2. WTF?

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Ok, you got me. Just did this. More than I thought. But it says my house is 1.5 baths. It's actually 2. WTF?
2 tubs? Or 1 tub and 1 shower stall?
Apparently small things like that make a difference to some Realtors when they list homes, and when the real estate apps pick up old listings.

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
2 tubs? Or 1 tub and 1 shower stall?
Apparently small things like that make a difference to some Realtors when they list homes, and when the real estate apps pick up old listings.
Two fully functioning bathrooms, not just a toilet.

OP
OP
Jackpot Tremor

Jackpot Tremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self Employed
I talked Villa down to +3k on their Azure Gray RR. I still said no. So if that is in your ballpark try but yes CA sucks. I have RR on order in SD promised at MSRP if you want to take over that. Order is in but no allocation 0 down.

Love the Azure Grey RR but I'm still trying to control my impulse buy side!!.....I love my Lariat Tremor and really never off road it......no real need to pay all that extra $$$ just to say "hey, look at me!".....besides, I have a 2021 Porsche Cayman for my weekend car that keeps me happy......just have to keep resisting the urge!!...thanks for the info though and I want to know how much you love your RR once you get it!

Peter949

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Love the Azure Grey RR but I'm still trying to control my impulse buy side!!.....I love my Lariat Tremor and really never off road it......no real need to pay all that extra $$$ just to say "hey, look at me!".....besides, I have a 2021 Porsche Cayman for my weekend car that keeps me happy......just have to keep resisting the urge!!...thanks for the info though and I want to know how much you love your RR once you get it!
I still like my 2019 still fast with the tune. I'm pretty sure I'll like. Like I said mid life crisis lol.

OP
OP
Jackpot Tremor

Jackpot Tremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self Employed
I still like my 2019 still fast with the tune. I'm pretty sure I'll like. Like I said mid life crisis lol.

My Porsche was my midlife crisis!...LOL....and yes I've modded it already....It's a base Cayman and CPO but I put on a GT4 front bumper and GT4 side scoops and a ducktail spoiler......still deciding whether I want to tune it or not....damn CPO!!...LOL

20240426_170807_resized.jpg

20240426_170230_resized.jpg

20240426_170251_resized.jpg
Sponsored