First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Flight Paramedic
I was wondering if anyone has experience with using a Livernois tune off-roading. Particularly how it effects trail modes and 4-low. I live in the mountains and I am out on the trails regularly. I never tow but I haul landscaping and building material often (never ending home owner projects). I'd like to have a tune I can flash and forget, I don't want to flash a new tune every time I go off-roading, or have to haul materials. Any suggestions or what your experiences have been would be great. Thank you.
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I had the Livernois tune on my 2019 Ranger and have done a lot of off roading with it. If it was mild stuff I would leave it in but anything aggressive I would flash it back to stock. One time I was rock crawling and it was just to much with the tune even in the different trail modes.

If you're looking for a set it and forget it tune I would try the tow tune. Others here really liked it but I was never a fan of it. I bought a tune to get the most performance out of it so I ran the 91-93 performance tune. Once you upload your stock files (those take the longest) flashing between tunes only takes 3-4 minutes and I just left my tuner in the glove box.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Ditto here. I haven't had to flash back to the tow tune in quite some time but if the need arises itninly takes a couple of minutes.

OP
OP

Ugly Dan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Flight Paramedic
I had the Livernois tune on my 2019 Ranger and have done a lot of off roading with it. If it was mild stuff I would leave it in but anything aggressive I would flash it back to stock. One time I was rock crawling and it was just to much with the tune even in the different trail modes.

If you're looking for a set it and forget it tune I would try the tow tune. Others here really liked it but I was never a fan of it. I bought a tune to get the most performance out of it so I ran the 91-93 performance tune. Once you upload your stock files (those take the longest) flashing between tunes only takes 3-4 minutes and I just left my tuner in the glove box.
I didn't realize flashing back to stock would be so quick. That's good to know. I like the idea of just keeping the tuner in the glove box. Thank you.

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
I'm guessing this has been asked but how does their tow tune differ from the Ford tune? I hate the price Ford charges but their tune seems like a set and forget.

Tow tune vs Ford Performance tune? Anyone have experience? With the new Rangers coming out I have the itch for a tune again lol

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I simply use the tow tune and had no problems with a different four-wheel drive modes. This was on my 2019. If he asked me just run the tow mode so you still have the flexibility of running fuel as low as 87 octane and as high as 93 without problems.

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
I simply use the tow tune and had no problems with a different four-wheel drive modes. This was on my 2019. If he asked me just run the tow mode so you still have the flexibility of running fuel as low as 87 octane and as high as 93 without problems.
I know you seem meticulous so if you had no issues, it must not be bad lol Even AZ ran it too. Maybe I am just worrying too much about the engine longevity.

Side note, used to be a Crown tech too. Then Raymond before switching industries.
Sponsored