New Puppy = New Interior Mods. Favorite Dog Car Seat Covers?

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
That's the one I have. Hard floor gives them more room. Pleased with mine.
I may put this on my wishlist if/when my current one rips, but it has held up really well so far.

Thanks for the feedback
Sponsored

OP
OP
NTXTremor

NTXTremor

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
IT
I went with a hard floor hammock style for my 60lb Wired Haired Pointer. yesterday actually!
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C93QVJZX?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
Have not tried it yet. Come with a nice carry bag

Best solution I ever had was when I had a Great Dane and my friend had 2 Danes. We both had S10 Blazers and 1 Dane barely fit! For long trips we would use my short bed Datsun pu bed trailer with a camper top - They Loved it! Only down side was Great Dane tails are like baseball bats and they were so happy to be riding they beat their tails bloody in the trailer. looked like a horror movie inside
Let me know how you like it. It looks like it has some nice features like the mesh panel.

5thranger

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat Ranger Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
PSA: When you have a German Shepard Dog (GSD) you just need a pull behind dog trailer! but I just cut a piece of Hall Rug runner, mine stays out of mud and dirt, I just need it for wear of where he jumps in and lays, with GSD owners the biggest thing is the Hair, HAIR! LOL they Shed once a year and it lasts 12 months, then twice a year they blow their coat and all you can do is laugh and say Oh FFS because its comedy material, if I drive by you there will be hair in your truck too!
if you open the window on the interstate your life becomes a Horror movie
Brushing dont help, I can get two walmart bags out of him and still have the same amount of tumble weed rolling around the floor, its like they manufacture it in real time as you brush!

After one day you just give TF up and start to re think life,
WTF do I even care what the back seat looks like!

Owners know the only vacuum that can survive two days with a GSD is the Shark! or a Craftsman ShopVac
I am not even kidding or being overly dramatic! .... /End PSA you have been warned!

1719341463131-yl.jpg
I knew they were rugged tough dogs but that one is a bad ass, he just spit out his cigarette for the photo.

Grandaccess

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Computer Consultant
Scooby get about a pack a day second hand LOL, he really does drink 3 cups of coffee, he will kill for a starbucks double shot, if he dont get it he will jam that 100 lbs nose in my armpit as to say get off your lazy ass and get me a cup, my fault for getting him addicted to coffee

Trevor M Johnson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F150 XLT, 3.5 Eco, FX4, 302A, Sport

OP
OP
NTXTremor

NTXTremor

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
IT
Came here to recommend 4knines. Great customer service and my pup puked a RIDICULOUS amount on a 2 hour car ride. zero liquid got through to the seats. it kept it all contained and cleaned up really well. 10/10 would recommend.
Thanks. That is an impressive, although very unfortunate, test.

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.

YaBoiNewton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT supercrew Sport FX4, 2008 Bullitt w Saleen Supercharger
Occupation
Automotive Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
We just adopted a new passenger, a 10 week old Bernedoodle, Zelda, and while she is small enough to ride in a lap or in a small carrier for now, someday we hope that she will be able to join us on long car rides and camping adventures in my Tremor. She is expected to be about 50 to 60 pounds when full grown, but you never know.

I have read a number of posts about the different dog car seat covers, and while the posts were all informative, I thought I would ask for suggestions on what to look for and how you are liking yours now that more time has passed.

I intend to carry human passengers in the rear seat sometimes, too, so options that require seat deletion are off the table right now.

6727.jpg
I know you said they're off the table, but honestly replacing the back seat with a platform was the best thing I ever did to transport my dog in the cab. She's a ~50lb pit bull mix and is so much more comfortable without the seats there. she's tethered to the child seat anchors on the back wall and sleeps comfortably on her dog bed. Only takes about 10 minutes to remove the platform and swap in the dog-hair free seats when I need to carry passengers.

OP
OP
NTXTremor

NTXTremor

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
IT
I know you said they're off the table, but honestly replacing the back seat with a platform was the best thing I ever did to transport my dog in the cab. She's a ~50lb pit bull mix and is so much more comfortable without the seats there. she's tethered to the child seat anchors on the back wall and sleeps comfortably on her dog bed. Only takes about 10 minutes to remove the platform and swap in the dog-hair free seats when I need to carry passengers.
If it only takes 10 minutes to swap the platform for the seats, you definitely have me interested.

Have you posted your platform build somewhere on the forum? This is very interesting.

Lcr3000

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Tremor
Occupation
IT Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks! I had not seen that one. Looks durable.
Nice inexpensive recommend. I bought this one last week. Thanks for the post. The fitment is great and it's easy to take in and out. I take long road trips so this will work great. I will mention that my dog is about 26lbs, so he doesn't need the whole back area to be extended just for him.

Grandaccess

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Computer Consultant
I knew they were rugged tough dogs but that one is a bad ass, he just spit out his cigarette for the photo.
I have also worked German Dobermans but I just know and understand GSD better, ours all come from German Military import and trained by our Military, I started out decades ago as a Subcontractor handler, some of you are old enough to remember Patty Hurst? My boss was the K9 team that found her for the FBI, we did the "Bat Shit crazy" stuff that never hits the news :) when the public gets scared they call the cops, when the cops get scared they call a subcontractor LOL, one gig in Tampa I actually worked two of Teds personal K9s by my later 30s I did public relations and worked events after 9-11, now in my mid 50s I am too damn tired to chase a k9 around LOL once a year I may take a gig if it sounds fun, like transport a thing or person somewhere that requires a Security Clearance and Protection ....

UncleWillie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ranger XLT Tremor
The hammock design is great, but I needed slots for seat belts for when I would need to fasten in a car seat or shuttle muddy coworkers around. This is the route I went, and this thing is still going strong:

I've had a Kurgo since early 2016 and have been extremely pleased with it. Once upon a time, my cattle dog went with me to work every day (2016-2019). She got in that thing soaking wet, covered in mud, tracking in dirt and debris. Never once did I think her claws would tear through it or damage the seats. Water never leaked/soaked through. After a good wash, I moved it to my new F150. Now it is a seat protector from the toddler and the dogs. I like that is has Velcro slots so you can still access your seatbelts and harness anchor points. If you go this route, be sure to get the "extended" one. https://www.kurgo.com/bench-seat-covers

YaBoiNewton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Automotive Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
If it only takes 10 minutes to swap the platform for the seats, you definitely have me interested.

Have you posted your platform build somewhere on the forum? This is very interesting.
I have not because it is incomplete as of right now. Planning to add things like hatches to access storage, bedliner or carpet, etc.. It's pretty simple. Just finished plywood cut to fit the space with a 6-8" gap to the front seats and some 2x1 added to spots in the middle to add rigidity. I just spread blankets when hauling the dog and add her bed for long trips. Not perfect, there are still kinks to work out before I seal everything with bedliner, but it gets the job done. This is the only picture i have of it:
1000004469.jpg

OP
OP
NTXTremor

NTXTremor

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
IT
I have not because it is incomplete as of right now. Planning to add things like hatches to access storage, bedliner or carpet, etc.. It's pretty simple. Just finished plywood cut to fit the space with a 6-8" gap to the front seats and some 2x1 added to spots in the middle to add rigidity. I just spread blankets when hauling the dog and add her bed for long trips. Not perfect, there are still kinks to work out before I seal everything with bedliner, but it gets the job done. This is the only picture i have of it:
1000004469.jpg
Looks like a good project. You should start your own thread on the build. I think a lot of people might enjoy it.

YaBoiNewton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Automotive Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like a good project. You should start your own thread on the build. I think a lot of people might enjoy it.
There are a few threads on here that did a fantastic job. Maybe I'll throw mine in as well, but I've been so damn busy it's been hard to budget the time for it. It'll be real sharp...someday!
Sponsored