Pack Rack launch

Illking

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XL
I have no affiliation with this company. I just thought it was a cool solution for those who don't want a permanent bed platform and it seems pretty versatile. I see the value in a flexible storage and sleeping platform as well as a camp table. The only negative i see is things shifting around while off-roading but with some L track on the bed or secured to a tie down point for the rack, cargo and the entire system should be very easy to secure down. I ordered and will be sure to share my experience once it arrives.

https://presale.getpackproducts.com/
Sponsored

carbonranger

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger FX4
I saw this the other day and thought it would work really well for packing camping gear. What is the price for it?

Rocketeer61

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I guess I'm old. Whatever happened to just making a product and selling it?

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
Why invest your own capital if you can use others.
lol. because larger scale corporate investments don't happen, and venture capitalists never pump money into a company that only has idea and a prototype (and sometimes not even the prototype).

The only difference with stuff like this is that companies have found value with this pre-sale method. and largely because with small funding like this, they're not being asked to give up a piece of the company like you do with big chunks of money.

Since they're running this through kickstarter, you don't get charged until they're reached their funding goal. I've done several kickstarters and as long as they've reached their funding goal, all of the products I've funded have been delivered. Some have experienced long delays, for sure (always production-related once they've scaled things up), but they've all been delivered.

Rocketeer61

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Over $200,000 in backing for what equates to a giant adjustable camp table. I weep for society.

But hey, not my money. More power to them.
Exactly.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Hmmm, sketchy website might be sketchy...

My antivirus doesn't like it at all.

Screen Shot 2024-05-08 at 3.44.27 PM.png

Edit: Launched a Linux VM and went to the site.

No mention of price.

How much was it?

thorn726

First Name
thorn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger xl
note:$227,572
pledged of $10,000 goal // if you go to their actual website it is now in preorder more or less for sale not a kickstart anymore. i'm not sure why anyone would be upset about a kickstarter product: it is manufacturers avoiding bank loans creditors and shareholders that would dilute the product quality.

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
note:$227,572
pledged of $10,000 goal // if you go to their actual website it is now in preorder more or less for sale not a kickstart anymore. i'm not sure why anyone would be upset about a kickstarter product: it is manufacturers avoiding bank loans creditors and shareholders that would dilute the product quality.
It also gives those manufacturers some pretty direct feedback about what customers like.

your kickstarter fails? folks weren't into it. kickstarter blows away your goal? they're pretty excited about it.
Sponsored