Remote Transmission Dip Stick Aftermarket Support?

Would you get in line to buy one?

• Total voters

Figarou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Edge ST, 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Make sure that you're fully up to temp before taking measurement...otherwise, you may be mislead into overfilling...drive at least 1 hour at highway speeds or have an OBD reader that can tap transmission temp...don't take it out for 10 minutes and go by that reading...

Is this the same during winter months? Or is it best to check during the summer?

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Is this the same during winter months? Or is it best to check during the summer?
Temp is temp, no matter the time of year....195 degrees is the same 195 summer or winter....just may take a bit more time during winter.

OP
OP
Msfitoy

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
That's what I thought. Thanks for clarifying.
I have temp readout from trans and it's tough to get it to 200F sometimes...driving at casual speeds (40-60mph) for 2 hours, the temp didn't get past 190F...ambient temp was around 60F...at highway speeds of 70+ over an hour, the temp will easily get to 200F...probably not much difference in level reading between 190F and 200F...

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I have temp readout from trans and it's tough to get it to 200F sometimes...driving at casual speeds (40-60mph) for 2 hours, the temp didn't get past 190F...ambient temp was around 60F...at highway speeds of 70+ over an hour, the temp will easily get to 200F...probably not much difference in level reading between 190F and 200F...
Someone else posted an alternate way to increase the temps, which I found to work. Lock out all the higher gears so you are running at 4k RPMs - the trans temp will rise above 195 reasonably quickly - but it is still pretty amazing how long it takes.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Heh, Mike, I have one of the first batch, #7 I believe. How can I get one of the improved engraving new sticks. Maybe I missed it. Love the Fitzstick, but any improvements to help these old eyes see the level better would be appreciated.

I know it's been said many times but you did a fabulous job on this mod and are continuing to make it better and get the price down. Great job man!

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 75 crewcab F350, 65 Mustang
Occupation
Retired from Honda Racing.
Heh, Mike, I have one of the first batch, #7 I believe. How can I get one of the improved engraving new sticks. Maybe I missed it. Love the Fitzstick, but any improvements to help these old eyes see the level better would be appreciated.
I wish I had laser etched vs electro etched from the beginning, but getting that done after it was already made was tough, it was easy when the mfg does it for you.

Ah yes, #7 one of the first.

I did not start recording the lengths until later, I will have you measure it, then I will set the length on the new one and ship it out.

I ordered 100 of them to cover all the previously sold ones and spares if I get some bad ones in the batch of 300, should be a couple of weeks, then I will ship them out, just cover the shipping if you would please.

Thanks again👍

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
I wish I had laser etched vs electro etched from the beginning, but getting that done after it was already made was tough, it was easy when the mfg does it for you.

Ah yes, #7 one of the first.

I did not start recording the lengths until later, I will have you measure it, then I will set the length on the new one and ship it out.

I ordered 100 of them to cover all the previously sold ones and spares if I get some bad ones in the batch of 300, should be a couple of weeks, then I will ship them out, just cover the shipping if you would please.

Thanks again👍
Not a problem on the shipping. Would not expect less. Just PM me with the details on the to/from location on the measurement and what the cost will be and how handle it.

Rickfar

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 supercrew sport
I am waiting for my delivery tomorrow for mike's stick I feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas Day
I just want some clarity I know your stick is plug and play And shows the time and effort that was put in to your product, It is my understanding that the other stick. You have to scribe the level yourself? Am I missing something here as to me that would be an inferior product.
Competition is great, but when it comes at the expense of comparing apples to oranges Most people will know what the superior product is.
I am not bashing the others stick. But I just wanted to find out if I was correct in my assumption.

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 75 crewcab F350, 65 Mustang
Occupation
Retired from Honda Racing.
I'm not sure, the website does not have much detail about it, you would think it would be mentioned, that's one of the big complaints about the B&M one.

I went searching for an answer, from his FB not his site:

This is the prototype, but it has clear markings. Just like similar products you would need to check the fluid level prior to install and check the new dipstick after install and that should be the correct level. For example my level is 30-35.
1700409471852.jpeg

The numbers are backwards, wouldn't that be like 5.0-5.5?

Last edited:

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
There is also one huge difference, at least between the B&M and Mike's Fitzstick (aside from the obvious measuring dipstick and its markings, and being a blade rather than a piece of wire)...
Mike's stick tube is preformed with the right bends to litterly drop into place on the nut fitting you screw into the trans case.
The B&M is just a straight piece of tube which has to be curved by the installer, while trying to screw the two fittings together.
Having installed the B&M prior to Mike's, I can tell you it is a night and day difference....the B&M almost requires 3 arms/hands to install.
Don't know, but it appears ST's stick tube might be similar to the B&M. Not saying that's bad, but the slight and very subtle bends and curves formed in Mike's tube make it a very simple install.

Rickfar

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 supercrew sport
There is also one huge difference, at least between the B&M and Mike's Fitzstick (aside from the obvious measuring dipstick and its markings, and being a blade rather than a piece of wire)...
Mike's stick tube is preformed with the right bends to litterly drop into place on the nut fitting you screw into the trans case.
The B&M is just a straight piece of tube which has to be curved by the installer, while trying to screw the two fittings together.
Having installed the B&M prior to Mike's, I can tell you it is a night and day difference....the B&M almost requires 3 arms/hands to install.
Don't know, but it appears ST's stick tube might be similar to the B&M. Not saying that's bad, but the slight and very subtle bends and curves formed in Mike's tube make it a very simple install.
Well, like I say, it's almost like Christmas. Eve at my house waiting for the u p s man to show up with my new mike stick tomorrow.

TJC

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Miata, 05 Ranger 4x4, 20 Ranger 4x4, 23 CX-5
Well, like I say, it's almost like Christmas. Eve at my house waiting for the u p s man to show up with my new mike stick tomorrow.
I don't think you are going to regret the purchase. I certainly don't. I own both the MBS and B&M sticks. Mike's wins hands down.

tnewcomb6370

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
When I was looking for a easier way to check my transmission fluid I looked at the B&M stick but did not like how you had to mark the stick and then I heard about Mike working on a stick that would be plug and play. That is what it is, install and move on, no marking or anything. Took me less than a hour to install and has been just what I wanted. No one can go wrong with buying this product. You can buy the cheaper one if you want but will regret it in the long run. Also Mike has been good with communicating when it ships with a tracking number and if you have any questions or concerns you can contact him and he is more that helpful because he truly stands behind his product.
Sponsored