Franco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger 2002 Honda XR650L
Occupation
LEO
Good morning everyone.
Here's my build parts list. I'll try to categorize it as best as possible.

Body-
-EGR Cab spoiler (PTM)
-Tail light overlay tints (for the reverse & turn signals)
-Saleen Badges (authentic)
-Saleen windshield banner
-Saleen side decals
-Saleen build number for front end
-Racecraft suspension decals (OE)
-Air design side vents
-Air designs tailgate spoiler
-Vossen HF6-2 in 20x9.5
-Tires 265/50/20
-Full LED lights conversion on front end
-Putco lower front end grille
-PTM mirror caps and door handles
-Allied Express grille
-Raxiom Blacked out LED sidemarker lights
-Full LED exterior conversion

Engine-
-Unleashed Tuning with the SCT LiveWire device
-Roush CAI
-CVF upgraded intercooler and Hot/Cold side pipes
-MRT sidekick exhaust (required with the 2/4 drop. I'd like to lower it and still maintain that factory rake. It's still somewhat difficult for me to load anything in the bed even though I'm 6'2".

Suspension
-Belltech lowering kit. 2/4
The front will be pieced with the Coilover kit for better handling. I've heard mixes reviews with their lowered shocks in the standard kit.
- SPC Adjustable Control Arms

Interior-
-Aussie box for Subwoofer. (Under the seat) Planning to go with a 10" sub. Still looking into an Amp. Don't need anything too crazy. Just a bit more oomph for bass. I've already got the layout of how I want to set it up.
I'm gonna give it some thunder from down under. LMAO 🤣
Under the seat that is..

I think that covers it all. I'll update if I forgot something.

Full disclosure. I do have MOST parts on hand, especially for the body mods.
I'm just waiting for some days off so that I can put them on.

Got the wheels ordered yesterday, and will be here in a few days!! The Belltech suspension will be the last body/suspension mod I'll buy, as I've spent way too much on the wheels/tires, and got a trip set up for early May to visit some family in Euskadi. (Overseas).

And I'm also trying to save up for a ring for my girl and make it official. As of now were just married by common law (Texas), and buy her something on the side, so she doesn't see me spending it all on the truck. Need to keep both of them happy..

Ahh.. married life.. it's expensive. Blyat.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Loweredon33s

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Performance person
Good morning everyone.
Here's my build parts list. I'll try to categorize it as best as possible.

Body-
-EGR Cab spoiler (PTM)
-Tail light overlay tints (for the reverse & turn signals)
-Saleen Badges (authentic)
-Saleen windshield banner
-Saleen side decals
-Saleen build number for front end
-Racecraft suspension decals (OE)
-Air design side vents
-Air designs tailgate spoiler
-Vossen HF6-2 in 20x9.5
-Tires 265/50/20
-Full LED lights conversion on front end
-Putco lower front end grille
-PTM mirror caps and door handles
-Allied Express grille

Engine-
-Unleashed Tuning with the SCT LiveWire device
-Roush CAI
-CVF upgraded intercooler and Hot/Cold side pipes
-MRT sidekick exhaust (required with the 2/4 drop. I'd like to lower it and still maintain that factory rake. It's still somewhat difficult for me to load anything in the bed even though I'm 6'2".

Suspension
-Belltech lowering kit. 2/4
The front will be pieced with the Coilover kit for better handling. I've heard mixes reviews with their lowered shocks in the standard kit.
-Belltech adjustable control arms.

Interior-
-Aussie box for Subwoofer. (Under the seat) Planning to go with a 10" sub. Still looking into an Amp. Don't need anything too crazy. Just a bit more oomph for bass. I've already got the layout of how I want to set it up.
I'm gonna give it some thunder from down under. LMAO 🤣
Under the seat that is..

I think that covers it all. I'll update if I forgot something.

Full disclosure. I do have MOST parts on hand, especially for the body mods.
I'm just waiting for some days off so that I can put them on.

Got the wheels ordered yesterday, and will be here in a few days!! The Belltech suspension will be the last body/suspension mod I'll buy, as I've spent way too much on the wheels/tires, and got a trip set up for early May to visit some family in Euskadi. (Overseas).

And I'm also trying to save up for a ring for my girl and make it official. As of now were just married by common law (Texas), and buy her something on the side, so she doesn't see me spending it all on the truck. Need to keep both of them happy..

Ahh.. married life.. it's expensive. Blyat.
Sounds like a solid plan.
a few things to consider.
Belltech does not make adjustable control arms that I’m aware of. Their control arms they make for lowered Rangers do not fit steel knuckles (21-23) they are too small and the pin is loose in the taper. Their rear shocks suck and also will hit the frame on the right side if you aren’t careful. The Roush intake is ok but ultimately it is restricted by the 2x2 hole in the factory air box that gets reused. It’s a very expensive lid, filter and hose. If you plan on better performance down the road I would strongly suggest a different intake.

Reactions: Doc
OP
OP
VendettaFXR

VendettaFXR

First Name
Franco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
LEO
Sounds like a solid plan.
a few things to consider.
Belltech does not make adjustable control arms that I’m aware of. Their control arms they make for lowered Rangers do not fit steel knuckles (21-23) they are too small and the pin is loose in the taper. Their rear shocks suck and also will hit the frame on the right side if you aren’t careful. The Roush intake is ok but ultimately it is restricted by the 2x2 hole in the factory air box that gets reused. It’s a very expensive lid, filter and hose. If you plan on better performance down the road I would strongly suggest a different intake.

Ah. That's something I'd have to look further in to. I know they sell control arms, and they list it as for lowered Rangers, and is sold in their kits. I was under the impression that it does bolt up to stock components, and was adjustable. It's in their kit FR8293. Their control arm by itself is FR19166.

But it appears I was wrong. You're right. It is not adjustable. Still, I'd need something for when I lower it, to maintain somewhat of an alignment.

As soon as I'm ready to lower it, I'll report my findings.

Unless there's another alternative you all know of? I'm all ears. Can't do Freakrides. Too expensive and don't want/Can't fab up mounts.

As for the Roush intake, I just wanted a better looking one, with a somewhat exposed filter.
I'm well aware stock setup works quite well, and a simple filter element swap works wonders.

As much as I'd like an exposed element, like Loweredon33s has, it would not be ideal for me, as I work and live in a fairly dusty setting.
So it'd have to be a dry filter for me.
Perhaps adding and Outerwear would enable me to use an open filter element.

Again, if you all have any other options intakes, I'm all ears.

Thanks!!

Last edited:

Loweredon33s

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Performance person
Ah. That's something I'd have to look further in to. I know they sell adjustable control arms, and they list it as for lowered Rangers, and is sold in their kits. I was under the impression that it does bolt up to stock components. It's in their kit FR8293. Their control arm by itself is FR19166.

As soon as I'm ready to lower it, I'll report my findings.

Unless there's another alternative you all know of? I'm all ears. Can't do Freakrides. Too expensive and don't want/Can't fab up mounts.

As for the Roush intake, I just wanted a better looking one, with a somewhat exposed filter.
I'm well aware stock setup works quite well, and a simple filter element swap works wonders.

As much as I'd like an exposed element, like Loweredon33s has, it would not be ideal for me, as I work and live in a fairly dusty setting.
So it'd have to be a dry filter for me.
Perhaps adding and Outerwear would enable me to use an open filter element.

Again, if you all have any other options intakes, I'm all ears.

Thanks!!
The only arms they make are the part number 2021, non adjustable. You are looking at an American trucks “item number” I have a set, they don’t come with the right size ball joints for 21-23 steel knuckles so watch out. Mine are currently useless. As far as intake choices go, I would look at S&B or Mishimoto boxes. I don’t necessarily recommend open filters unless you’re looking for maximum flow and sound. I only suggest looking at an intake that has its own box and scoop so it can flow better than the stock one.

IMG_4722.jpeg

OP
OP
VendettaFXR

VendettaFXR

First Name
Franco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
LEO
Hmm. Extra sound and flow is nice.
I could probably swing for it if I could get an Outerwear for the filter.
What open air intake do you recommend?

If not, I'll get an enclosed filter. The Mishimoto intake looks more OEM.

BTW
The Vossens, hubcentric rings and tires are all on the way.
Should get them assembled later this week, around Tuesday/Thursday and hopefully installed on Saturday, if I can get off from work relatively early.

Loweredon33s

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Performance person
Hmm. Extra sound and flow is nice.
I could probably swing for it if I could get an Outerwear for the filter.
What open air intake do you recommend?

If not, I'll get an enclosed filter. The Mishimoto intake looks more OEM.

BTW
The Vossens, hubcentric rings and tires are all on the way.
Should get them assembled later this week, around Tuesday/Thursday and hopefully installed on Saturday, if I can get off from work relatively early.
I’m using my custom Whale Dick intake now but before that I really liked the Injen open filter unit. I had the Mishimoto for a while (still do) and it was awesome.

OP
OP
VendettaFXR

VendettaFXR

First Name
Franco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
LEO
OK. So stupid question, but does anyone know if the Australian Ranger shares the same control arms that we do?

I found a company that offers true adjustable control arms.

Screenshot_20240317_162710_Chrome.jpg

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Hey David ( @subquark ), I see Soupie’s been following this thread…

IMG_6138.jpeg

Better get out the cheque book. ;)

OP
OP
VendettaFXR

VendettaFXR

First Name
Franco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
LEO
So I have some good news. Got a hold of the Australian company that provides the adjustable control arms.

They're basically rebranded SPC control arms.
SPC is an American company, and their parts are sold on American Trucks. I've attached a photo of it with their part number. The control arms are designed with stock dimensions on mind, so it will work for either lowered/stock trucks. They're not marketed as Adjustable CA, though they may still work.

So for those who lowered, including myself, this will work. Seeing as I have steel knuckles it's perfect. @Loweredon33s, you might want to look into this, if you still need and want this.. especially if the Belltech arms are NOT adjustable and fitment is questionable.

I'll update my parts list!!

Screenshot_20240318_133443_Chrome.jpg

Loweredon33s

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Performance person
So I have some good news. Got a hold of the Australian company that provides the adjustable control arms.

They're basically rebranded SPC control arms.
SPC is an American company, and their parts are sold on American Trucks. I've attached a photo of it with their part number. The control arms are designed with stock dimensions on mind, so it will work for either lowered/stock trucks. They're not marketed as Adjustable CA, though they may still work.

So for those who lowered, including myself, this will work. Seeing as I have steel knuckles it's perfect. @Loweredon33s, you might want to look into this, if you still need and want this.. especially if the Belltech arms are NOT adjustable and fitment is questionable.

I'll update my parts list!!

Screenshot_20240318_133443_Chrome.jpg
I have but they are expensive and not made for lowered suspension so the ball join angle is still shitty.

bsr956

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4X4; 2013 Nissan Altima
Thanks!
yeah, I have a custom turbo inlet pipe I made a small batch of last year. We do a lot of tuning on Rangers and have been doing a lot of testing etc with injectors and intakes. I have a high flow HPFP to put on too. My truck also has a big compressor wheel upgrade and some other stuff too.

IMG_4480.jpeg

IMG_4478.jpeg

IMG_4762.jpeg

IMG_3033.jpeg

IMG_0324.jpeg

IMG_2360.jpeg

IMG_1723.jpeg

IMG_0791.jpeg

IMG_0812.jpeg
Can you snag a pic of the 56 in the background? That's my dream truck