First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
I originally posted this as an add-on the the Ford ESP vs other warranties column but it received no traction there.

I received an email from Ford Friday morning, Oct 6th, announcing their new Ford Protect Continued Service Plan (CSP). My 2019 Rangers 3/36 warranty ended this past November. (I only have 27,700 on the odometer.)

When I purchased the Ranger the dealer offered this Zurich extended warranty which I have not needed to use but the more research I've done on it the more disillusioned I have became with it.

The CSP email has given me an extended warranty as good as the original Ford Protect warranty which I passed on taking before 3/36 ran out.

I spoke with a customer service representative & opted for the coverage level EXP ULTIMATE with a $250 deductible. Florida cost $524 annually. North Carolina cost would have been considerably cheaper but you must take the plan where your vehicle is registered, not where you spend your summers.

I will pursue getting a refund on that Zurich Insurance from my selling dealer.

By the way, Grainger Ford won't offer their Ford ESP warranty to Florida residents.
Sponsored

JohnnyLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Pilot
I signed up. The paperwork they sent is disconcerting. It is a finance contract with the full amount for 36 months financed. The name of the company is not ford. I am VERY suspicious. Move slow on canceling your other warranty. If I am right, mine is a TERRIBLE deal.

OP
OP
JACER

JACER

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Johnny L,

I just called called Ford CSP Customer Svc (833 781-7353) & spoke with Briane. When I Isigned up last week I spoke with Vincent.

Both of them work for Ford. This is a true Ford warranty.administered by Ford.

I didn’t finance anything. I paid for the first year instead of monthly payments. The price I paid is locked in for 3 years.

The contract has been entered into the system all Ford dealers already use to check warranty coverage.

I don't have a fiddle in the band (so to speak).

Best of luck to whatever you decide.

J 😎 C

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Do you have a link to this warranty?

JohnnyLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Pilot
I canceled. In the welcome letter there is a "payment plan agreement" with "repair ventures" not ford. I called and spoke to Briane as well. I dont believe a word she says. Everything she said is NOT what the paperwork says. I dont know if this is a good thing or bad thing. In my case it is terribly expensive and I dont trust anything a phone rep says over the official paperwork.

HippoTrucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Carbonized Gray Ranger Tremor
Johnny L,

I just called called Ford CSP Customer Svc (833 781-7353) & spoke with Briane. When I Isigned up last week I spoke with Vincent.

Both of them work for Ford. This is a true Ford warranty.administered by Ford.

I didn’t finance anything. I paid for the first year instead of monthly payments. The price I paid is locked in for 3 years.

The contract has been entered into the system all Ford dealers already use to check warranty coverage.

I don't have a fiddle in the band (so to speak).

Best of luck to whatever you decide.

J 😎 C
Ford CSP is not a Ford product, sorry to say it's a direct mail service through a 3rd party company. Personally I would avoid it like the plague.

https://www.lombardfordwarrantys.com/ford-csp.cfm

HippoTrucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I canceled. In the welcome letter there is a "payment plan agreement" with "repair ventures" not ford. I called and spoke to Briane as well. I dont believe a word she says. Everything she said is NOT what the paperwork says. I dont know if this is a good thing or bad thing. In my case it is terribly expensive and I dont trust anything a phone rep says over the official paperwork.
You got it exactly right, see what I posted above. Good on you for reading the fine print. :)

OP
OP
JACER

JACER

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
FYI: If not legit, why is coverage showing in my Ford Pass App?

HippoTrucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FYI: If not legit, why is coverage showing in my Ford Pass App?
Yeah, really confusing situation. I looked around and see a Ford CSP on ford's website that looks real, so maybe that's what you got? Seems there may be a real Ford CSP and a 3rd party "CSP" taking advantage of the confusion? I dunno, read the fine print very carefully...

OP
OP
JACER

JACER

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
I just got off the phone with a Ford Pass Representative who works for Ford .I asked if this CSP was legit because it now shows in my app. She asked for my Ford Pass ID, then she went into my app and confirmed that this is a legitimate program.

JohnnyLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Pilot
I think it is a legitimate warranty. I think the way it is sold to you is sketchy. In my case is was 100 a month. But the paperwork is for a $3800 warranty with 100/mo payments. That is not what I wanted. I wanted 100/mo for a few months till I built up some confidence in a "new to me" car.

Look at the welcome letter. One of those 3 files is a payment plan. Here is mine. I blacked out my info. But I live in Orlando.

If wanted $4,000 warranty I would have picked more years and less miles and the guys below seem to have an easy to customize price.

https://www.lombardfordwarrantys.com/

Attachments

OP
OP
JACER

JACER

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
I guess we can agree or disagree all day. However the payments you came up with are a whole lot larger than my payments.

Screenshot_20231012-140028.png

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase