First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge
Occupation
Manager
Swapped out my wheels/tires on Thursday. The winter set are on steel wheels off a Bronco and have working TPMS. The summer set is the factory Tremor set. This has gone smoothly every time before - twice a year.

The summer tires are not connecting to the TPMS it seems. And the truck thinks one or more tires are significantly under inflated. I did make sure the pressure is set to the recantation on the sticker in the door jamb - 39PSI. I have driven the truck on a road trip for hundreds of kilometres. It’s been several days, a combination of short and long trips. Still nothing

I found the relearning instructions on here. The truck does go into learning mode, but it does not acknowledge the tire pressure change and allow me to proceed. I dropped the driver/front tire to nearly 20PSI a couple times and no response from the truck.

I find it hard to believe there is an issue with every sensor. Not sure what to do next. Swapping a tire with the driver front to see if I can get the truck to recognize something is a PITA.
Should I try the battery disconnect option?
Do I order a TPMS reset tool ($30.00CAD)?
Take it to the stealership?
Thoughts and tips are appreciated.

IMG_2845.png
IMG_2846.png
Sponsored

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
I think the message is from the truck not seeing the (OFF) sensors.

One or more of the (Tremor) sensors may have a dead battery and will not wake.

You may have fault codes logged in the BCM and may need cleared before it will learn the new (ON) sensors.

I would try it with a tool (shop) or self-purchase to force a new learn.

You can also try (starting) at RF (deflate) method to see if it registers as if any one of the sensors fails (when doing it in succession) it won't allow the calibration to continue.
So, as it appears now you (MAY) have a dead LF sensor.

I have never had much luck with using the deflate method in the past, I now use my scan tool for it (IF needed)

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
One other thought:
The sensors enter sleep mode after 30 minutes:
Have you driven the truck then parked and attempted the learn just after parking?

OP
OP
Danager

Danager

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge
Occupation
Manager
One other thought:
The sensors enter sleep mode after 30 minutes:
Have you driven the truck then parked and attempted the learn just after parking?
Yes, but only drove the truck a couple kilometres and then stopped and immediately tried to learn.

Maybe I need to put a little more distance in and then try the process.

I do have a Bluetooth OBD2 reader. I can check codes and reset with that. Maybe the programming tool is worth purchasing. Screwing around deflating tires and then running the inflator on each is a bit of a hassle.

Dsc

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT SuperCrew; 2007 Sport Trac XLT; 1969 Mustang Grande; 2014 HD Sportster 1200T
Occupation
Retired
There are two fault messages that I have seen. The first is "Tire pressure fault" and the second is "Tire pressure low". If it says fault, one or more of the sensors is dead and needs replacement or it has to be programmed. If it says the pressure is low and you verify it is not, then my guess is the sensor is defective but still working.
I believe the lowering pressure method only works with some sensor types. I have always used the tool to do the relearn. I think I bought it for around $10 CDN from China.

OP
OP
Danager

Danager

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge
Occupation
Manager
Ordered this tool from Amazon. Seems fairly simple. I’ll try this one tomorrow.

IMG_2880.jpeg

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
Ok,
With the tool, enter learning mode as you have done previously.

Start at LF - If still no response from the sensor:
Try the same procedure with Driver's Door Open

If still no response, jack and rotate (spin) the LF Tire and try again.

If still no response, move to RF etc. to see if any of the other sensors will activate.

This will throw off location but at least will show which sensor is not transmitting.
Sponsored