What did you receive in the mail today for your Ranger?

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
One of the cheapest things I've gotten for Soupie but with the potential to save big bucks.

When I did Soupie's first "The Works" at the dealership, I was bamboozled with paying for cabin and engine air filters. I mistakenly believed they'd have my best interests in mind while performing prescribed maintenance to keep my warranty in good shape. (me = big dope)

The truck was a year old and oil was okay with me to change but those filters don't need to be replaced too often. I also naively thought my first service would be much less than it was. I supposedly have one free oil change per year ...

As I'm officially an old fart, I thought relinquishing my old habits of doing my own maintenance would be an appropriate life choice (I got to get out more if this is a big decision for me!). =D

I have engine and cabin filters coming from Levittown today but won't replace them until 10K (which is still earlier than listed - but we have loads of giant tree pollen here which affects me and maybe the engine too). I also have no excuse on tire rotations since I have a compressor, hose reel at the door, impact driver, and nice floor jack.

So I went old school and got this tiny glovebox notebook to keep my maintenance notes (and save the receipts in a file in the house).

If anyone has advice in maintaining records for my 8 year/80K ESP, I'm all ears! =)

pic color is off, but this is Race Red baby! =D
even came with a spare refill, of course, it'll probably dry out well before it's ever needed
20240412_103832.jpg

For anyone worried about Jeff's megayacht costs: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KQDCGKK

I expect Jeff to drop by and say thanks this year ...
I was going to start using my little glovebox notebook. LOL, I've never used one and used to think people who did this were old farts ... =D

I never looked at this on the Ford site but they have an abbreviated service history.

1715288134417-wl.png

I thought: "great, now I can note last years oil change". But I then I noticed this entry:

1715288066536-93.png

I didn't bring Soupie in after I picked it on the 12th. The service listed as the 14th is maybe when the service tech initialized my window on the 12th, they either put it in later or billed Ford for some other work.

BUT ... what concerns me is the one from May 20th. For one thing, I put on more than one mile from when I picked it up with 22 miles AND the big thing is that I didn't bring it back to the dealer until my first oil change May 8, 2023 (I'm not sure that date's right and need to find that paperwork).

I would think the dealer either:
1) changed the glass without telling me before I picked it up on May 12th (which I'm okay with and maybe that's why there was no TSB for Soupie later on). or
2) stuck Ford for a false windshield replacement.

When the windshield debacle was going on, I checked to see if Soupie was in that recall, and it wasn't (thanks to you awesome members for letting me know about that TSB).

I'll go in to ask about this but wanted to know your thoughts or experience. Thanks!

NeilP

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor (SOLD 12-14-2023)
Occupation
RETIRED!
I was going to start using my little glovebox notebook. LOL, I've never used one and used to think people who did this were old farts ... =D
I'll go in to ask about this but wanted to know your thoughts or experience. Thanks!
I'll stick with the old fart method of keeping my vehicle history. I keep the little notebook in each glovebox and make a note of everything that is ever done on them.

I noticed on my Jeep App that there is an entry on 2-22-2004, 1491 miles for exterior trim. Hmmmmmm.......I never had any exterior trim work done. Then I realized that I did take it in and asked them about the deflections on the hood where the factory over-tightened the windshield bump stops. They didn't do anything other than tell me that they would get permission to have it repaired.

Apparently that triggered the entry. They were going to have it replaced but I decided to repair it on my own.

So I am thinking maybe your dealer looked into something for Soupie and just plugged in mileage that they thought might be close?

For what it is worth.......Keep the old fart notebook! It is accurate.

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD

I never looked at this on the Ford site but they have an abbreviated service history.

1715288134417-wl.png

I thought: "great, now I can note last years oil change". But I then I noticed this entry:

1715288066536-93.png

I didn't bring Soupie in after I picked it on the 12th. The service listed as the 14th is maybe when the service tech initialized my window on the 12th, they either put it in later or billed Ford for some other work.

BUT ... what concerns me is the one from May 20th. For one thing, I put on more than one mile from when I picked it up with 22 miles AND the big thing is that I didn't bring it back to the dealer until my first oil change May 8, 2023 (I'm not sure that date's right and need to find that paperwork).

I would think the dealer either:
1) changed the glass without telling me before I picked it up on May 12th (which I'm okay with and maybe that's why there was no TSB for Soupie later on). or
2) stuck Ford for a false windshield replacement.

When the windshield debacle was going on, I checked to see if Soupie was in that recall, and it wasn't (thanks to you awesome members for letting me know about that TSB).

I have a couple dates off in my serv history, I wouldn't worry too much about it.
Ford can't build trucks for damn, wonky ford pass app data tracking shouldn't be a surprise.