First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
65 YO Juvenile Delinquent
I’m on the fence for looks but it has great features for what it is. There’s a lot myths already circulating without any real evidence. I don’t like EVs but as the saying goes “There’s an ass for every driver’s seat “ BTW so far if I was to get an EV this would be the one, not a Lightning.
Sponsored

Hickesy

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2021 STX SuperCab 4x4
They're fucking horrible. Reminds me of the Simpsons episode where Homer designs his own "working man's" car and bankrupts his millionaire brother. Honestly, I'd be embarrassed pulling up in one of those.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
I’m on the fence for looks but it has great features for what it is. There’s a lot myths already circulating without any real evidence. I don’t like EVs but as the saying goes “There’s an ass for every driver’s seat “ BTW so far if I was to get an EV this would be the one, not a Lightning.
IMG_6199.gif

;)

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
They're fucking horrible. Reminds me of the Simpsons episode where Homer designs his own "working man's" car and bankrupts his millionaire brother. Honestly, I'd be embarrassed pulling up in one of those.
IMG_6200.gif

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Hopefully anyone stupid enough to buy into Elon's cybertruck troll also falls for his brain chip troll and ends up like those macaw monkeys in his experiments. Actually that would make Elon a kind of eugenicist...maybe I've been too harsh on this guy. 😆

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
im not an ev fan but if it was ford ev vs the tesla id do tesla. the cyber truck likely gets a lot of attention.

canyonslicker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
65 YO Juvenile Delinquent
Hopefully anyone stupid enough to buy into Elon's cybertruck troll also falls for his brain chip troll and ends up like those macaw monkeys in his experiments. Actually that would make Elon a kind of eugenicist...maybe I've been too harsh on this guy. 😆
Naw you’re being too hard on yourself, seemingly insane concepts are very foreign to most people. Take a step back and think about it…

Russd

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vw bus 4runner
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve seen a couple. Hard on the eyes for sure. I’ve heard Tesla has the self driving thing pretty dialed tho. To rich for my bluff either way tho.

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
So thats why I've never seen one....the owners are "wrapping" them to look like something else !!!
That may be why there are so many more vehicles on the road that resemble Yugo's.....
If I had the misfortune to own something that ugly, I'd disguise it too....or maybe shoot it and bury it....
Yeah, I saw it somewhere on YouTube, quite the flap. Seems many new owners are finding their Cybertrucks corroding within a very short time, turning it into a true mad max style look right away. So they do a vinyl wrap, which also allows them to get a color other than brushed stainless to boot.

In those reviews there were quite a few other disappointments noted, like the charging port being located such that a normal Supercharger station doesn’t really accommodate them without some special parking gymnastics, etc.

Frankly, my read on a few of these new owner reviews, it didn’t seem these people were all that happy with their truck. Sadly, I guess they signed an agreement not to resell their truck. Not sure how enforceable that deal is though.

All in all, it appears the issues with the Cybertruck are going to make the Model X seem like a home run…

Stock looks like it is headed back to a hundred in the not too distant future, sales seem to hit a wall globally this last quarter. Kind of hard to pay a big growth PE for a company that isn’t growing…

leanit

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat FX4
Saw my first in December at the track where it was hauling ... gasoline for its owner's Lemons race car. It was like seeing a UFO. Not pretty, but amazing that it exists at all.

Lemons Tanker.jpeg

Now I've seen five in the last two days, and it's already "jumped the shark". The instant the novelty wears off (quickly), it's kind of a joke. Great technology or not, I've never seen something go from "whoa!" to "douchey" so fast.

Canadian Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amsoil.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Amsoil Dealer
A close friend of mine has one ordered and he's looking forward to me driving it in some off road situations. He's a city slicker and doesn't even know where to find a gravel road let alone a mud puddle. (I'm not bashing him, he's fully aware of his "city upbringing" lol)
I'm assuming it'll take longer to get here in Canada. But I'll post on here and give everyone an unbiased opinion..... I'm not overly brand loyal, and to be honest I don't care what other people spend their money on. I have a hard enough time worrying about my own money lol.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
When you don't have the ability to shape metal, This is what you get!
This is actually a big part of the reason for the design.

The cold rolled stainless steel used is so tough that forming it into typical body shapes is near impossible.

I'm not anti-EV, but there are still precious few chargers in my area. I could charge at home for 90+% of my use, but when I venture into the northern parts of the state it becomes a charging wasteland.

I'd buy a Cybertruck over a Lightning, Rivian, or Silverado EV if I were looking for an electric truck.

But for me, a hybrid makes much more sense.

If Maverick hybrid could be had in 4x4, I'd probably be there.

There is a large amount of hate toward Teslas simply because they're Teslas.

Tesla implemented a Sentry Mode due to so many of their vehicles getting keyed for no reason.

Vandal Caught By Sentry Mode
Sponsored