Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Fx4
Occupation
self employed
IMG_4804.jpeg
IMG_4803.jpeg

An oddball to play with. SilencerCo Maxim9 integrally suppressed pistol. Added a Vortex Defender ST dot that needs to be sighted in now. The magazines are MBX Xtreme steel Glock mags that are 140mm and 170mm in length.

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Read the instructions and take the time to get the right shims in for the stock if you plan to shoot it fast. That was one of the best things Iā€™ve done with learning to shoot shotguns fast! Thereā€™s a YouTube video by Patrick Kelley explaining how you want it set up.
Iā€™ll check him out. Iā€™ll probably shoot it one, as is, and see what I think I need. My last time with a shotgun was in high school (1999-2003 era), soā€¦ I donā€™t know what I donā€™t know about it.

Iā€™m primarily a pistol guy though, lately, Iā€™m wanting to branch out.

Iā€™m trying to find someone local to me who can take me from ā€œcombat effectiveā€ to ā€œqualityā€ with my pistol. Iā€™m basically self-taught and Iā€™ve reached a point where Iā€™m as good as Iā€™ll ever get on my own.

DocE3Gun

First Name
Dillen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Fx4
Occupation
self employed
Iā€™ll check him out. Iā€™ll probably shoot it one, as is, and see what I think I need. My last time with a shotgun was in high school (1999-2003 era), soā€¦ I donā€™t know what I donā€™t know about it.

Iā€™m primarily a pistol guy though, lately, Iā€™m wanting to branch out.

Iā€™m trying to find someone local to me who can take me from ā€œcombat effectiveā€ to ā€œqualityā€ with my pistol. Iā€™m basically self-taught and Iā€™ve reached a point where Iā€™m as good as Iā€™ll ever get on my own.
If you can travel to New Mexico and want to take a class from someone competition based (being able to accurately shoot in a fast manner is always better), then there's a guy there named Tim Herron that does a lot of pistol training. He shoots for Nighthawk (high end 1911/2011 pistols) and previously shot for Sig.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
IMG_0507.jpeg

Finally! Three drives to the gun store (one hour each way) and itā€™s finally in my hands. Canā€™t wait to get it out and shoot with it. Iā€™m really impressed with the build on this. Comes with interchangeable front sight, 3 chokes, and shims for the stock.
fancy! never seen one with gold parts

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I put together a .22 LR AR15 pistol. We have a good deal on an assembled poly lower, and my boss transferred mine to me a a receiver. I ditched to stock for a side folding pistol brace (airsoft). And being it's a .22, it doesn't require the buffer tube be in place to fire! I built the upper from parts, and added stuff I had laying around in boxes.
1000008259.jpg

1000008260.jpg

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
I put together a .22 LR AR15 pistol. We have a good deal on an assembled poly lower, and my boss transferred mine to me a a receiver. I ditched to stock for a side folding pistol brace (airsoft). And being it's a .22, it doesn't require the buffer tube be in place to fire! I built the upper from parts, and added stuff I had laying around in boxes.
1000008259.jpg

1000008260.jpg
Nice !

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Well, I took a step towards the world
Of red dots today. I ordered a Swampfox Sentinel II from optics planet. Theyā€™re running a good sale right now. Itā€™s going to go on my Hellcat Pro.
Red dots really are like cheat codes for pistol shooting. I put RMRs on my Glocks and Mark IV and have zero regrets. It just takes maybe a half hour of dryfire practice to learn the new sight alignment.

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Red dots really are like cheat codes for pistol shooting. I put RMRs on my Glocks and Mark IV and have zero regrets. It just takes maybe a half hour of dryfire practice to learn the new sight alignment.
thatā€™s what I like to hear!

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
thatā€™s what I like to hear!
Red dots on pistols are sex. Very good and fast. šŸ¤£

Work on your draw stroke too when you do transition over to RDS. Finding the dot on the draw stroke will need to become muscle memory.

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Red dots on pistols are sex. Very good and fast. šŸ¤£

Work on your draw stroke too when you do transition over to RDS. Finding the dot on the draw stroke will need to become muscle memory.
You mentioned sex and told me to work on my stroke. This is going sideways fast. šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
Insert comments about how red dots are not a substitute for skills.

And

WhAt HaPpEnS wHeN tHe BaTtErY dIeS.

lol

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Insert comments about how red dots are not a substitute for skills.

And

WhAt HaPpEnS wHeN tHe BaTtErY dIeS.

lol
I bought a red dot that cowitnesses with my regular sights. Your ignorant comments are invalidated. Boom. Science.

also, I know you werenā€™t being serious and this is not a personal attack.