OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
did you have to change any settings within the trucks computer so that it recognizes the fact that this is a new battery?
Tom,
I had my last battery installed by the Dealer so don't know what settings they engaged but FYI: When I was leaving the Dealership, the transmission was not shifting properly so I took it right back into service and they said that was normal after a battery change and the transmission would relearn its settings which it did after driving a bit and has worked normally every since.
Sponsored

TomSim

First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
retired
Tom,
I had my last battery installed by the Dealer so don't know what settings they engaged but FYI: When I was leaving the Dealership, the transmission was not shifting properly so I took it right back into service and they said that was normal after a battery change and the transmission would relearn its settings which it did after driving a bit and has worked normally every since.
okay thanks good to know as I'm nearing the five year mark so it's just a matter of time

OP
OP

Dean

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT, 1988 Merkur Scorpio, 1959 Austin Healey Sprite
Occupation
Embedded SW Engineer
There is a simple device, it is a 9v battery with a diode that plugs into the cigarette lighter.

This keeps the system memory alive while you change out the battery.

Does anyone know if this works satisfactory with the Ranger?

OP
OP

Dean

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Embedded SW Engineer
If you do the "spin to win" on the right tab they will typically give you free shipping.

Strokerduster

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger XLT, 2019 Edge ST, 1946 CJ2a street rod, shop full of motoorcycles
Vehicle Showcase
I just got their Grp 48 yesterday, for my wifes Edge ST. Came in 3 days, had a full charge on it, and packed well. $117, free shipping, no tax. Time will tell.....

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Here is my two questions,

#1: Of the Three Battery Manufacturers in the world who made it?

#2: in the even it craps out on you and it is under warranty, how is the warranty taken care of? Do you have to send the old battery back for testing first?

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired

#2: in the even it craps out on you and it is under warranty, how is the warranty taken care of? Do you have to send the old battery back for testing first?
Personally I don’t care who made it.
[email protected] or call 470-300-9457
Warranty is 3yrs but can go to AutoZone, WalMart elsewhere for your battery if you don’t want to deal with Weize.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
Is it a bad idea to buy it while on sale and store it until needed?
According to their inquiry hotline this doesn’t appear to be a problem but that is a concern.
It’s a concern that doesn’t bother me since I’ve never had a warranty issue with a battery and actually had some last longer that expected. The battery is also made in Chy-na, like most if not all EV batteries today.

OP
OP

Dean

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Embedded SW Engineer

It is from China, but it is an AGM battery and I can find no fault in it's quality of construction. It was shipped in a well designed package.

It has a warranty and the distributor is in the US.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
It is from China, but it is an AGM battery and I can find no fault in it's quality of construction. It was shipped in a well designed package.

It has a warranty and the distributor is in the US.
I have dealt with enough stuff from China and the battery is not one thing I would trust. Even if it is an AGM battery I doubt it's going to be anything of quality

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I have dealt with enough stuff from China and the battery is not one thing I would trust. Even if it is an AGM battery I doubt it's going to be anything of quality
I disagree...not everything "made in China" is garbage...DJI dominates the drone industry...I'm old enough to remember made in Japan was garbage...then it was made in Taiwan (where I'm from)...then it was made in Korea...they're all premium source of products today...China will be no different...mark my words, made in Russia is next...sad to say but made in USA is a dying industry...

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I disagree...not everything "made in China" is garbage...DJI dominates the drone industry...I'm old enough to remember made in Japan was garbage...then it was made in Taiwan (where I'm from)...then it was made in Korea...they're all premium source of products today...China will be no different...mark my words, made in Russia is next...sad to say but made in USA is a dying industry...
If you want to buy a china battery that's cheap and go right ahead I'm not going to stop you. Just don't come crying to me when that thing fails on you fairly quickly. I have learned there's many things you don't want to buy that are made in China.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
If you want to buy a china battery that's cheap and go right ahead I'm not going to stop you. Just don't come crying to me when that thing fails on you fairly quickly. I have learned there's many things you don't want to buy that are made in China.
I don't know where my Autozone Duralast is made but it's already failing into the second year...and that costed me $250...I'll take my chance with a $130 next time around...
Sponsored