What did you do to your Ranger today?

Junior Blue

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lightening Blue Ranger Lariat Crew
A little over 36k. Seemed really really dirty. And the metal tiny flakes seemed a bit excessive, tried taking a better pic but accidentally smeared it while removing. The oil pan magnet seemed clean.
thank you
Sponsored

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
Rotated the tires.
My system using two floor jacks:
Jack up left side of truck.
Move LR to LF, LF to LR, snug LR with 3 lugs because it's coming back off.
Jack up right side of truck.
Move RR to RF. Let down RF, move jack to LR.
Move LR to RR. This is why I don't use all the lugs.
Put RF on LR.

Joejk3d

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
JK3D.us
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4 Saber
Occupation
Maker/Geek
I did a few things! Installed the Aeroskin bug deflector thingy. (Its covering up a bit of a dent from hitting a turkey at 70mph the other week)

I also drained and filled Front and Rear Differentials and the transfer case. (22K miles)

The Rear diff was filthy, and the magnet had some fun big metal chunks on it. But they are small spiral shards which normally I would say are debris from the time of mfg... but could this be something messed with the locking diff? No noises and no issues with the diff so far. I used Valvoline Synth 75w90, but after doing more reading I may drain/fill them again in a bit with the Motorcraft 80w90.

Front diff looked new

Transfer case fluid was quite dark, and the drain plug had some sludge on it. Beyond that seemed fine.

I was going to check the ATF level but... god damn that dip stick is in a frustrating position. (Still haven't installed the remote dipstick I bought, I am waiting to get an accurate read on how much fluid is in the trans first.

2024-05-06_16-46-23.jpg

2024-05-06_16-45-33.jpg

carbonranger

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger FX4
Finally put on my suspension. Eibach Pro-Truck 2R. Icon tubular UCA. Upgraded sway bar end links from Offroad Alliance. LT275/65R18 Falken Wildpeak AT4 on stock rims. Lifted the front 1.5in to keep some rake for towing. No rubbing so far and ride is so much better than the FX4 suspension.
20240506_144601.jpg

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
I did a few things! Installed the Aeroskin bug deflector thingy. (Its covering up a bit of a dent from hitting a turkey at 70mph the other week)

I also drained and filled Front and Rear Differentials and the transfer case. (22K miles)

The Rear diff was filthy, and the magnet had some fun big metal chunks on it. But they are small spiral shards which normally I would say are debris from the time of mfg... but could this be something messed with the locking diff? No noises and no issues with the diff so far. I used Valvoline Synth 75w90, but after doing more reading I may drain/fill them again in a bit with the Motorcraft 80w90.

Front diff looked new

Transfer case fluid was quite dark, and the drain plug had some sludge on it. Beyond that seemed fine.

I was going to check the ATF level but... god damn that dip stick is in a frustrating position. (Still haven't installed the remote dipstick I bought, I am waiting to get an accurate read on how much fluid is in the trans first.

2024-05-06_16-46-23.jpg

2024-05-06_16-45-33.jpg
Those definitely look like machining chips. I had some similar in mine when I changed it at 5K, though not as many. I'm about to change all my fluids again at 35K, so I'll see how their doing. No noises so far. I have the PPE deep transmission pan to put on with a new filter, I tow a TT. I have the extended dipstick installed already, best mod I've done. Thanks @Fitzmotor , I was one of Mike's shipping test dummies.

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
Finally put on my suspension. Eibach Pro-Truck 2R. Icon tubular UCA. Upgraded sway bar end links from Offroad Alliance. LT275/65R18 Falken Wildpeak AT4 on stock rims. Lifted the front 1.5in to keep some rake for towing. No rubbing so far and ride is so much better than the FX4 suspension.
20240506_144601.jpg
Looks good Blake.

SegFault

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Industrial Sanitation Engineer, Cloud DevOps
Vehicle Showcase
ARB rear bumper installed, going to see if a set of their rear bar lower tubes can modified to act as a side bumper step. If they ever come in, that is.

IMG_8173_ARB_rear_bumper1c.jpg
IMG_8174_ARB_rear_bumper2c.jpg
IMG_8175_ARB_rear_bumper3.jpg

Last edited:

Joejk3d

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
JK3D.us
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4 Saber
Occupation
Maker/Geek
Those definitely look like machining chips. I had some similar in mine when I changed it at 5K, though not as many. I'm about to change all my fluids again at 35K, so I'll see how their doing. No noises so far. I have the PPE deep transmission pan to put on with a new filter, I tow a TT. I have the extended dipstick installed already, best mod I've done. Thanks @Fitzmotor , I was one of Mike's shipping test dummies.
So with the extended dipstick... can you use that to suck out the fluid from the trans to do a drain/fill? Like feeding a hose down it? I know you can add fluid through it, but was curious about the other direction

Cabose-1

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Student
So with the extended dipstick... can you use that to suck out the fluid from the trans to do a drain/fill? Like feeding a hose down it? I know you can add fluid through it, but was curious about the other direction
Yes you can. Thats how i drained mine. Then took off an empty pan. Changed filters, be sure to remove the rubber gasket off the old filter and put it on the new filter, bolt on gasket and pan, then measure what you took out, and fill!

I used 7.5 quarts to refill. Ill check it in about a week or so. My transmission been running just fine. Easy to fill with the fitz stick too!

LawnMM

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ranger Tremor
Got some of the $40 Amazon pod lights in the mail. Wired em up for giggles, had an idea for two spots to use them on two spots on each side of the rack, tried a spot at the rear first

1000005409.jpg

Not bad for some cheapos, ordered a second set for the other spot about mid rack for side lighting, I'll work on those neck Mon/Tue.

1000005407.jpg

Have plans for another light bar facing rearward/downward as well but that's gonna wait a beat.

I'm bad with updates.

1000005377.jpg

Did some storage a couple weeks back on one side of the truck.

1000005410.jpg

Got the traction boards on the other for now. Seriously thinking about moving them to the inside of the rack later. Have some other goodies in mind for the passenger side.

So little time, so little dinero 😳

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
ARB rear bumper installed, going to see if a set of their rear bar lower tubes can modified to act as a side bumper step. If they ever come in, that is.

I like that rear bumper!!! Dang I thought I was done buying stuff for my Ranger. LOL I guess I will never be done.

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
I like that rear bumper!!! Dang I thought I was done buying stuff for my Ranger. LOL I guess I will never be done.

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Nissan Frontier S 4x4

That looks shockingly like an OEM unit would look like, unlike the "Bro" bumpers I see everywhere.

Love it.
Sponsored